Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE:

Okay, went to advanced, I'm throwing code P0446 which is evap emission control system vent circuit malfunction or something like that. So what is this exactly and how do I go about fixing it?

Thanks

·
Registered
RIP 2000 2.5RS, 1999 RS
519 Posts
Go to kragens, buy a scanner, pull the code, return the scanner and get your money back lol

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS Auto 4 Door
505 Posts
Autozone or Advanced will scan it for free.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, went to advanced, I'm throwing code P0446 which is evap emission control system vent circuit malfunction or something like that. So what is this exactly and how do I go about fixing it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1997 V2 GF4
335 Posts
look under the back of your car on the passenger side, just in front of the canister will be the vent control soleniod, first make sure the connector is connected and not corroded, also make sure the wires didnt get ripped out of the connector.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm assuming you're talking about the black box right in front of the rear bumper. I checked it and the only connection I see is with two wires, both of which seemed connected and fine. Was that the right area? Any other ideas?

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,223 Posts
That code usually means either the vent hose is clogged or the vent solenoid is stuck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts