Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep throwing PO420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold, since it has gotten cooler in the mornings. I have a Ganz CAI and Stromung midpipe with WRX muffler. I had no issues until the temperature dropped. It comes on during my 20 minute commute which seems to be the norm.

Wondering if I should just get the MILeliminator from Pony Express and say the hell with it. Any thoughts?

Buster

·
Registered
508 Posts
I would get that when the weather changes. Actually, when the weather started to get a lil bit colder I took the car out and did some racing and threw a CEL light. I thought it was the Catalyst System Efficiency which I usually get when I race. But when I did my 30k mile check up I noticed that my spark plugs were toasted.
So just a hint, its common with your setup but it won't hurt to check your plugs... espcially if you have alota miles on them already. Just a tip... oh and I highly recogmend the Bosh Platinium even though my mechanic say that Bosh sux on Jap cars.

Rudy

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I had gone ahead and got the MILelminator, had been on since last Tuesday with no problems what so ever. But this morning on the way to work guess what came on again.

My spark plugs have only been on for about 2k miles so they should be ok. Ah well maybe I should just get used to it.

Odd how it seems to be temperature related. Thanks for the response Rudy.

B

·
Registered
508 Posts
yea... sorta but you can also think of the colder air being more dense = more air... more air = more power... more power = out of the ecu's data table... I get it all the time trust me... it eventually goes away for me (knock on wood) but... like you said get used to it...

personally I like that it comes on sometimes... makes me feel that the ecu is doing its job and relearning and remaping the tables

Rudy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts