Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002, Impreza Ts, Red
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my mechanic told me i needed new cats and a knock sensor....so i get the cats replaced with brand new oem one's, and try to see if the code will clear than. I get to 150miles than the light comes on. I replaced the knock sensor right after, and i get to 99.7 miles and the CEL comes on again. WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!:bonk::curse::devil::help: Tomorrow is the last day my car is legal on the roads....:eek:

·
Registered
00' & 01' 2.5 RS sedans
191 Posts
have you replaced spark plugs and wires? if so check your coil pack, i replaced my cats and knocksensor a while back on my rs and still got the CEL, the coil pack was the problem with mine

·
Registered
2002, Impreza Ts, Red
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
boob

ok so i just went back to my mechanic he put in his little computer thing and it came up as CAT EFFITIANCY....agian. right after i got brand new ones....his solution "reset it, than drive 35 miles and come back" But that wont really take care of the problem! all that does is turns off the CEL sensors while they reset for a certain amount of miles.

·
Registered
00' & 01' 2.5 RS sedans
191 Posts
pull off the wires and check the connecters if there still shiny your good, if there brown/rusty and oxidized id buy a new one, mine looked fine but #4 oxidized my subie tech told me to replace it and my problem was solved

·
Registered
00' & 01' 2.5 RS sedans
191 Posts
they're like $100 through subaru so definatly check it out first before you buy it and ask you tech about it too

·
Registered
2000 RS2.5 Coupe BRP
18 Posts
ok so i just went back to my mechanic he put in his little computer thing and it came up as CAT EFFITIANCY....agian. right after i got brand new ones....his solution "reset it, than drive 35 miles and come back" But that wont really take care of the problem! all that does is turns off the CEL sensors while they reset for a certain amount of miles.
P0420 I have the same problem along with 1 million other people, I have tried bung spacers, wrapping the headers...... If an inspection is what you are needing reset the code and drive the car for the 35 miles and take it directly to get it inspected. should pass no problem. there is a CEL code thread on Nasioc

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=298963

·
Registered
2002, Impreza Ts, Red
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so i went back to get the inspection done aver 36.7 miles. and i PASSED! :biglaugh: so i'm good for another year. Time to put the COBB intake back on :clap: and buy a new windshield :curse:

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
Ok so i went back to get the inspection done aver 36.7 miles. and i PASSED! :biglaugh: so i'm good for another year. Time to put the COBB intake back on :clap: and buy a new windshield :curse:
good job... one last thing too. i like doing all the work my self.. one because its cheaper, two i know the job is done right, and i think the common sense you gain you can use everything with anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.