Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you'd like to shampoo your carpets, It's easy...

I detailed cars professionally for seven years, this is a safe, effective technique:
-------------------------
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^
Carpet & Seat Shampoo
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^

1. Remove your floormats, scrub and hose them out thuroughly.

2. Shoot stain remover on any affected areas.

3. Grab a bucket with degreaser\water, or car wash soap\water.

4. Shampoo the driver's area first, then vacuum dry, rinse, vac again.. Move to the next area, and so on..

5. You can use a car wash mitt to apply the soap\water to the carpets (puddles are ok, just don't let them sit while you do the other areas) then scrub with a brush.
It's just water, it won't hurt anything. lots of suds and dirty foam is the idea here

6. Use at least a 1.5hp wet\dry shop vac to suck out the water from your carpets.

7. Grab your hose and mist the area just cleaned, resoak and suck out remaining water. (this will remove any remaining soap that could 'sour' and leave a bad smell)
Vacuum in an even pattern to ensure all the water is removed. Slide the seats around to get all the funk out, now

8. This technique can also be used to shampoo your cloth seats. Be careful not to run the vac over the seats too fast. sometimes the plastic will rub off into the material from friction and leave a black smear

9. Now that it's all fresh and clean, crack the rear windows 1/2 inch. Start her up, and put the heater on the floor full blast (outside air, not recirculate) and shut all the doors and wait about 30 min. (skip if it's a sunny day, leave 'em open in the sun)

damn son, ridin' so clean, my man

·
OG GC
MY00 BRP RS...still adding to
4,471 Posts
I have a set of v7 STi seats. What do you suggest for the suede? I know a water/stain repellent should be used once it's cleaned. But what to use for the suede cleaning?

·
Registered
2008 AW STi
5,361 Posts
At our shop we use a foam cleaner. Same stuff we use to clean headliners. So basically a good foam cleaner and some white towels to scrub with. If they're really dirty try using a soft bristled brush. We also have a vapor steamer which works best with the foam cleaner. Not sure if any of you actually own one but i thought ide but that out there just incase.

·
Registered
2004 wrx sti WRB
1,547 Posts
thats actually a good idea, steam might do the trick.

the only bad part is i think most of the stain on the seat are actual wear marks.

i think i'm screwed on that one...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts