Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving up and down 17 yesterday in the rain. thank God those accidentSSSS didn't happen on my side while I was driving. While I was going do 17, one car flipped on north bound. On my way back up, there was a 3-4 car accident on south bound. Even when I was driving, my tail came out a few time. And I wasn't even going fast. I was going speed limit on them turns. :eek: I was trying to avoid sudden braking by leaving A LOT of room. But people just LOVE to cut in front of me and leave very little room for me. :mad: anyway, just watch out people!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
What tires are you driving on if I may ask? If you have cash to invest in some tires, get a set. It could save your car and mostly your life.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am riding on RE92s. :lol: I do have a set of Falkens Azenis. But I don't think they'll do any better than the RE92s. :) I drive pretty slow in the rain, I think I'll be okay. I mean, this is not my first year driving in the rain. :p Thank God for rallyx school! :D Those few times when my tail end came out a bit was predictable and under control.

kickin_81 said:
What tires are you driving on if I may ask? If you have cash to invest in some tires, get a set. It could save your car and mostly your life.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
how come my tail never comes out?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cuz you suck! :lol: j/k hey, did you ever ask your friend about them azenis in the rain?

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
iBlueVirus said:
cuz you suck! :lol: j/k hey, did you ever ask your friend about them azenis in the rain?
yes, i asked my friend. and i told you what my friend said. you don't remember?

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
eastbaysubaru said:
'cause you're not pushing hard enough:happynow:

-Brian
i was pushing it! i was taking this turn at 30mph above the speed limit.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dude did you get new tires or something? You should be able to do it with them tires you got there! :lol: jz, I am disappointed in you. After watching all these Initial D I would you've learn something. Remember AE86 vs EG6? It's all about weight transfer buddy! :lol:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
iBlueVirus said:
dude did you get new tires or something? You should be able to do it with them tires you got there! :lol: jz, I am disappointed in you. After watching all these Initial D I would you've learn something. Remember AE86 vs EG6? It's all about weight transfer buddy! :lol:
i don't have new tires. weight transfer, wtf is that? i just know one thing, drive really fast, turn really fast.

·
Registered
'00 BRP RS Sedan, '04 FXT PSM
219 Posts
Crazy driving out there today. I can see 580 from my apartment and it was packed ALL day. Lots of accidents. I even saw an overturned pickup on 24 Westbound around noon. Good luck and GO AWD!!!

-Brian

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shit someone almost hit me just 30 minutes ago on 580. I was on the right and he was on the left. and he decided to switch into my lane in front of me!! He would have clipped me if I didn't brake. I saw him coming too close already so I had just enough time to brake.. :mad:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
damn...crazy. got in two very very minor accidents today. someone clipped my front left corner light. corner light is completely gone, lucky it was an aftermarket clear corner. and someone clipped my driver side rear mirror. no body damage in both incidents

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry to hear that jz. hey guess what!? my tire just gave up on me. I got a flat on my way to davis. damn, now i really have to put on the falkens.... don't want to spend money for new tires at the moment... :(

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
iBlueVirus said:
sorry to hear that jz. hey guess what!? my tire just gave up on me. I got a flat on my way to davis. damn, now i really have to put on the falkens.... don't want to spend money for new tires at the moment... :(
whatcha doing in davis? lets not talk about davis, reminds me of my ex you muthafuka! :lol: how is the falkens in the rain on a AWD? damn, that sucks having a flat.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so far the falken is doing okay. but have not run into standing water yet. btw, i got t-boned on my way home to get the damn azenis!! I wasn't so bad, but damn, it's going to be a pain. :(

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
iBlueVirus said:
so far the falken is doing okay. but have not run into standing water yet. btw, i got t-boned on my way home to get the damn azenis!! I wasn't so bad, but damn, it's going to be a pain. :(
what's t-boned?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
like a letter T. I got hit from the side. I was going one direction and the lady was going at an 90 degree direction. I was on sacramento she was on montgomery. See the picture now? It was my light and she couldn't stop in time or something. :(

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
damn, that sucks! how fast was she going?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not very fast. it's on the passenger rear side. you can't really tell. the estimate came out to be 800 bucks! but they are paying for everything so it's all good. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts