Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
^^Ended up buying some GD WRX Seats. I may change things up in the future but I’m set for now, thanks!

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
She’s road worthy. Gotta make it to the DMV and get her legal. Waiting on a few bulbs and could use some floor mats. Otherwise she should be ready!

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Well, I knew I was fighting a vacuum leak. I had suspected the turbo inlet as it slightly folded when I reinstalled the manifold. Leak got a little worse this weak and so the manifold came back off to swap out inlets.

Probably not the last time I’ll have the manifold off. I had hoped to paint the it but I’m needing this to get to work tomorrow. :/ Timing components also came in, need an STi water pump and I should be good to go on engine service.

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Manifold went back on fairly well. Had a hose or two break. Currently working on replacements. If I can get the hoses I’m just going to replace everything that feeds off the inlet.

In the meantime, timing and water pump are done!

I’m also debating on the Samco inlet if this one gives me any more grief.

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Slapped a cheap double din in today. I’m always amazed at the sound difference vs the OE deck. Deciding whether or not I want to run components up front. Bought some 6.5’s for the rear deck.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts