Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
STi wings.

I had considered that. I have the mid and OBS upper wing painted and ready to install. Just not eager to drill into the hatch.

I did make this hood insulator, or whatever you call it, out of one from an L hood I had on a parts car.

Came out nice enough. I may clean up the edges at some point.

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Well, this year was primarily aesthetics. Kinda knew it would be as I’m still undecided on the engine. Definitely not going H6 as planned...she’s getting a turbo power plant. Leaning toward a JDM ej205 so I can slap a 207 in there at any given point.

Got a few more things back from paint.

Not completely sold on the covers...but maybe with the right lip.

Going to start piecing all the GD suspension and subframes here soon. Just snagged a set of very nice struts...

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Subscribed, I like the way you are taking this!

Thanks man! Been a bit of a windy road this far but definitely making progress!

Pulled the dash out of my 2000 L Wagon parts car and got the harness out. Ended up getting a deal on a bulk harness from an ej205 today as well...must have been meant to be!

I think I’m painting the reinforcement bar...I know no one will ever see it but I’ll sleep better knowing it’s not covered in rust behind the dash. Lol

Checking out a set of GD STi front LCA’s tomorrow too! Slowly but surely...

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Put her away for winter...hoped to have moar momentum on this project but we’ll have a new year soon enough.

Lots of little things to keep me busy over the winter. Need to decide if I’m going JDM ej205 or ej207. I’ve decided against DCCD, trying to keep her as purely mechanical as I can. No ABS, etc. Decision decisions.

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Started with some cosmetics today. Bought a front lip off amazon for $50. Fits pretty well!

Had the wiper stalks powedercoated last year. Just got around to installing them.

Really makes me want to get these sideskirts and upper wing on.

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
I’m drawing back some plans to get moving on this project. Started out I had decided to swap the front crossmember and steering rack for a GD set-up. Instead I’ve gotten carried away...pics to come. Turning this into a bit more of a progressive build vs slapping all the parts on her at once.

Should have parts arriving most of the week. I’ll update once I have most of it here. :)

For now, all I got is this...haha

Made a before and after shot to encourage me to spend moar money.

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
So far this is what I’ve picked up for the swap!

L&E GC to GD Steering knuckle
07 STi Front Subframe
06 STi Steering Rack (15:1)
GD STi Front LCA’s
GD STi Alum Lateral Links
02/03 WRX 5MT
02/03 WRX Rear Diff
02/03 WRX F&R Sways
GD WRX Trans Mount
GD WRX Knuckles
GD WRX Axles
GD WRX Driveshaft

JDM Black Trunk Panels
Matching GF8 Door Cards

The Showa Suspension is going on at the same time. Still need to pull the rear suspension off the donor but I have enough to start tearing into her!

I’ll post some pics. Power washed the STi crossmember and fitted the steering rack. Had to reinstall TREs too as they had been removed for shipping.

Here’s what I have ready!

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Nice list
That otta transformer your ride nicely.
Looking forward to seeing this.
Keep up the good work.
Thank you! Had high hopes of starting off with a 6MT but I'm ready to be back in a turbo car and this is my route! At this point, I'll likely throw a JDM ej205 in it within a year and maybe work toward a twin scroll down the road. I have a billet wheel vf48 collecting dust that would flow very nicely on a 2.0. We'll see...

Either way, I have quite a bit to get wrenching on.

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
These came out too good not to share...(i know she needs moar wang)

This tree is in my neighbors yard. I think I may make it a spot to post annual progress. This tree blooms and drops everything in a week. I missed taking pics under it last year.

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Beautiful pics, one could always use more wang.

That’s understandable! I have an OBS upper and JDM midpoiler. Hoping to find someone locally that I can take a few measurements off of before drilling holes.

I bought the EDM Black trunk plastics and v4 Door Cards to match my interior. Ripped all the tan out of the hatch, including headliner, to install the JDM roof rack I had powder coated. While the headliner is out I think I’ll wrap it in suede. I’ll have to leave the dash and door cards till I swap. Needed something to tear into while I piece the rest of the suspension.

Grabbed a Nardi steering wheel too.

Front STi Aluminum LCA’s and lateral links. Just need a rear sway and endlinks all around and I should be set to start tearing into her. Hoping the rear subframe isn’t garbage on my donor. It’s hard to put rusty parts on this car. Lol

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Picked up a black Prodrive Shift Knob and some rain guards on the cheap. Need to get motivated for this headliner and 5MT swap. I still need F&R Sway bars. Debating on running aftermarket if I cant find a clean GD STi Set-up locally. I've also considered replacing some of the shifter and subframe bushings while everything is apart. I'm between that or buying some rear 2 pots and corresponding hubs.

Hopefully I'll get some momentum on this soon. Posting for accountability. Haha

61 - 80 of 88 Posts