Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 2.5RS - V2 WRX Swap
1,628 Posts
Hey, you made a journal! I've been following your posts on the Kalamazoo Subarus FB page. Looks sweet man!

My vote is for boost. Take advantage of Michigan not having any type of inspection and go for an older JDM swap. Cheap, fast...

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
careercadaver’s L wagon...currently as unimpressive as it sounds

well, then. get garrett's hookup on a 207 and call it done. lol

If I stay with the turbo engine this is where I will end up...but that will require saving. I’m tempted to throw a 205 in there but it would only be a stepping stone.

Hey, you made a journal! I’ve been following your posts on the Kalamazoo Subarus FB page. Looks sweet man!

My vote is for boost. Take advantage of Michigan not having any type of inspection and go for an older JDM swap. Cheap, fast...

Glad to see you on there man, it’s a great group! It’s not at all what was intended for this car...the more I read the more I see the logic. Parts for the ej205 are too reasonable not to consider it. Especially because there’s a few 207 swaps that would be plug and play with just an ECU. The old school swaps do look a lot simpler. More to read...

Looks like a great start. In to see where it goes.

Thanks man! By the pics it’s turning out better than I had imagined.

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Wow, very nice and perfect grille and headlamps choice

Thanks man! There’s a lot still happening aesthetically with this car. JDM Spats, RS Sideskirts, Bugeye 3 piece front lip, JDM roof rack, mid and upper wings, tint, etc.

More pics please.

I’ll definitely post moar as soon as I have the car back. Should be Thursday evening...it’s likely getting a few pics taken and going right in for a rear hub and front and rear caliper conversion. Need to get an interior sorted too...

Lots of goodies waiting to go on!

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
i forgot to mention that i have the same ver4 wagon blue black seats. i love them. trying to get UK people to ship matching door cards though..been a bit of a pain.

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)

i forgot to mention that i have the same ver4 wagon blue black seats. i love them. trying to get UK people to ship matching door cards though..been a bit of a pain.

Nice! They seem to really hug you, which I’m looking forward to. My current seats in my STi have worn bolsters and I prop myself too often.

I’ve been dreading buying trunk panels as well...last quote I had was $250. I imagine the cars would be about the same. Always a gamble. The v6 grille came from the same guy.

Not even entirely sure what I need as the rear speakers are over the wheels vs in the doors. I may just paint what I have for now and deal with the grandpa tan until I can source a replacement. It’s kinda pointless as I plan to run the newer dash with the swap.

The carpet also needs dyed or replaced. I have a line on WRX carpet but it might be grey...I had black WRX carpet in my sedan years back and remember it “fit” bit wasn’t all that great.

Got the call he finished the hatch and had it back together but I was unable to coordinate with him. I believe we’re set for tomorrow afternoon!

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
careercadaver’s L wagon...who drank my molotov?

She’s home!!

Remaining pieces should be completed this week! Gotta start sourcing the mounting hardware for the wings, skirts, etc! ...and possibly a grey interior...

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)

Damn, Yer wagon looks good. An right at home in the snow. Nice work.

Thanks!! Considering trying to avoid putting her through too much of our Michigan winter by driving my STi a few more months before selling.

May be in town this weekend... I wants to seeess!

She’s getting your v4 brakes this weekend. She’s not plated either man. Probably be next year before I get her out, unfortunately.

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)

Got the brakes buttoned up...took forever with the entire family fighting the flu at once.

(don’t hate me for that flawless wheel arch)

My paint guy is hoping to have the sideskirts, rear spats, front spats and wings done this weekend...

I guess I’m putting the grandpa-tan back in the car until I swap over to the 97-01 dash. Should be encouraging. Lol

Here’s a few more of the paint. I’ll post more once she’s a bit more buttoned up.

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Been plugging away at her little by little and ordering pieces still needed for the conversion. It seems I’m always missing a few fasteners or a bracket for each piece. :/

Interior is mostly back in the car. Running black WRX carpet and GF8 seats made a big difference for the interior. Also installed a Pioneer 8200NEX. Feels funny to put Navigation in an older car but it’s in. Speakers are noticeably worse with more power run.

I’ll snap some pics once I have the back seat in.

Decided to lose a few pounds in the rear.

Here’s the JDM/LW Beam...

Bumper reinstalled w/ JDM Spats. Fits a lot better.

So, here’s to hoping I never get hit in the rear!

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Starting to take shape. Looks great so far.

Thanks! Still need to grab the mounts for the license plate and tag lights. Lots to do still. Moving toward the sideskirts...just dreading taking a power tool to fresh paint.

21 - 40 of 114 Posts