Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alu-minium A arms crack and break....
OEM steel arms bend & strech WAY before breaking-

Which would you rather have on a drift gone bad?

You fortunate RS-T elite ever thing about NOT stopping?

[I'm just wondering cause I envy RS's with even 5 ponds of boost and OR 3:90 gears]

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs-T
391 Posts
ampsarus said:
Alu-minium A arms crack and break....
OEM steel arms bend & strech WAY before breaking-

Which would you rather have on a drift gone bad?

You fortunate RS-T elite ever thing about NOT stopping?

[I'm just wondering cause I envy RS's with even 5 ponds of boost and OR 3:90 gears]
I had the lightend controll arms on my RS. Those with the combination of the ALK from MRT equals CD player always skipping. So no more controll arms.

I have thought about brakes thats why I use the Rotora Big Brake kit

Oh yeah I also have the rear big brake set up as well.:happynow:

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Impreza L Sedan 2.
650 Posts
But you must remember that aluminum control arms are HIGHLY recyclable once you total your car while street racing a Civic that goes out of control and smashes into you.

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
US2JDM said:
But you must remember that aluminum control arms are HIGHLY recyclable once you total your car while street racing a Civic that goes out of control and smashes into you.
:lol: And body bags include convienient handles to carry the punk that smashed into you after you beat him down to a Bloody mess :lol:
I hope you don't know this recycling fact by experience! ;)

How many beer cans can Continental Container make out of an Aluminum A-arm? Hmm...

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
the only issue i've heard of w/the alum. a-arms..
is that they DONT break as easily as the OEM's...

thus in the case of an oopsie...
your control arms are fine! :)

AND the rest of the suspension connected to them?
HOSED.....

cheaper to buy one control arm rather than
oodles of other suspension bits... ;)

cheers
Jamie
www.subiegalracing.com

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OH SHIT! MY BAD! That IS what I heard from a rally car builder / driver- the same guys who broke several thousands of dollars worth of "unbreakable" gear sets before going to a manual valve bodied, Ford F-250 torque converted 4EAT.

They take stock steel A-arms now and box them up with some reinforcement despite the weight. I have seen broken-in-half arm mounts and shreaded OEM A-arms there- Scarry!

If it takes a big man to say he totally put his foot in his mouth, then I'm mackin Nikes big time! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I kind of like using the steel ones because I can fix them on the road easier than the aluminum ones. If you bend one you can always find some local muffler shop, heat them up and straighten them if your stuck somewhere.

Sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts