Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2.5 RS
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

This maybe a dumb question but can carbon fiber be painted?

·
Registered
MY00 2.5RS 2Dr BRP
61 Posts
Yup it can.

Are you thinking of getting a carbon fiber hood painted?

If it comes with a clearcoat on it, they'll have to remove that first and then paint it.

·
Registered
2.5 RS
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is blue and I want a cf hood with vents and a 22B spoiler and I want it to match the car.

·
Registered
MY00 2.5RS 2Dr BRP
61 Posts
That shouldn't be a problem for a bodyshop to do. I'm actually in the same situation. I'm planning on getting a CF hood for my car in the future too. In fact I was thinking that I might get a clear coat over the CF with a blue tint. I don't know, is that r*cey?

If you look into the newest issue of Import Racer magazine, they show how they had their CF WRX hood done up with a clear coat with a blue tint. Clear so you can see the CF weaving but with a blue tint.

They basically mix a bunch of clear coat together with a little bit of blue to match the car, then they paint the hood.

·
Registered
2.5 RS
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm.

Import Racer huh, I have to check that out. The only ones I really read is Sport Compact Car, and Import Tuner. All the other ones talk about Honda's a crap and I get real tired of that real quick. They need to come out with an all Subaru magzine with ppl doing all sorts of stuff with it. And we can even have our own "Subie Groupies".:sunny:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts