Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was a group buy awhile back for about 10 CF trunks that adamsrs set up. Those are the only CF trunks that I know of for the old school imprezas. I contacted adam about the company that he got to do the trunks, but I found out that the company that made them will NOT make any more CF trunks for our cars.

Is there anyone out there that knows of a good shop or company that could make CF trunks for our cars? If so please let me know. So then I could talk to that company and RS25.com about getting a group buy started.

I'll still be searching my own for shops that will do this, but seriously if anybody knows of a place let me know.

Also, if you're just interested in buying a trunk just post and let me know.

*NOTE* This is not a gb thats in effect, i must find the shop first to do it, then i'll get approvel from RS25.com. So no money is needed until that time, simply let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alrighty, well i'm just gauging interest for now. If I can't find a company willing to make the trunks then no gb will be happening. After I get a reply from any company i've contacted that will agree to make the trunks then I will approach you about starting the GB.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If people wanted to see pictures, heres the only 2 from the first group buy that i can find pictures of:

DoodieHead's:

and adamrs's:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think the last gb they went for $450 plus shipping each. But it'll all depend on if i can find a company willing to do this, and how much they charge.

·
Registered
91 Posts
hmm nice well id need a bit of time before the order. can i ask will they mount stock strong, and is it possible to get the wing holes or what not drilled. im keeping the wing on the car. getting rb5 soon this week. $450+ shipping sounds nice.. ttyl keep us posted. my black gc8 needs one. getting cf hood soon too.
Brat

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
Well if I sell my OBS and can get the car I have lined up... I will for sure want one.

I'd be willing to spend $500 or maybe even more to get one (no holes for spoiler please).

What do we have to do to make this happen?

I'd be up for a hood too. Once I get the new car, I'll have quite a bit of parts I want to sell off of it, so money won't be an issue.

I think a combo deal on a carbon fiber trunk & hood for $800 or so would be great!

Thanks - Jon

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
omahasubaru said:
What do we have to do to make this happen?
Well as of right now, what has to be done is that we need to find a company that will be willing to make the trunks in cf. So far i'm not having any luck what so ever.

As for holes in the trunk for wings and what not, i dont want to have any of the holes predrilled. If you want to put a wing on you can have a shop do it pretty easily. The only hole i want on the car is for the trunk lock.

I'm not gonna try and set up a cf hood with trunk deal. Mainly because there are several great quality cf hoods already out for our cars.

·
Registered
91 Posts
no predrilling. okay, also if the price is right i also would be up for a double deal. hood trunk. if i cant i just want the trunk. i can get the hood later im sure. the trunks the hard part to find keep us posted. i would need at least two weeks to make sure my funds were ready. very interested. $500 range with the key hole cut. how about the mtng points would they be strong?
Brian

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I am interested in the prospect of getting a carbon fiber trunk, but im not gonna dedicate myself to anything as of yet. I also might be interested in that double deal, all depends on the price of everything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw one for sale

It was a cf trunk. it was at japanparts.com. the problem is, it would cost $800, plus shipping. I would be very interested if anyone could find one for less then that

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would love c/f hood, trunk, doors, bumpers, and fenders. basically anything that unbolts should be carbon fiber. But I don't have enough money to ever make my dreems come true.:(

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5rs BRP
1,940 Posts
www.importfan.com has a trunk its still in fitting stage. dammit

ide love for a hood/trunk combo hell maby even a hood/trunk/lip combo would be pretty nice

maby 1000 for hood trunk and lip
maby 800 for trunk and hood

1 - 20 of 31 Posts