Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Carbon fiber hood with carbon fiber S201 Hoodscoop.

This is my first hood. Its the first 'production hood' I had made and I only have one. I was very satisfied with the quality so I will be going forward with regular production on these. It weighed in at 18 pounds 8 ounces.
Combo deal!
Hood + S201 Scoop
$750 shipped via Fedex
$700 shipped via Greyhound (you have to pickup from your local greyhound station)...scoop will still be shipped via fedex to your door.
$650 picked up from Redondo Beach

Hood only
$650 shipped.
$600 shipped via Greyhound (you have to pickup from your local greyhound station)
$550 picked up from Redondo Beach

Scoop only
$250 shipped
$225 picked up from Redondo Beach

STI Fender Emblems.

$50 shipped for a pair.
3 MORE SETS LEFT!

PAYPAL: [email protected]

Dealer inquiries welcome on all new parts
All shipped prices are for the 48 states. I'll ship anywhere, but ask for a quote before paying.

More parts inside

·
Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

GC8 Aluminum Control Arms

Reduce your unsprung weight, while adding strength
SOLD!

Other things:
HKS EJ20/25 Uppipe
Only has about 100 miles on it so its still shiny. Made for the VF series turbo.

$75 shipped

HKS GC8 EJ20/25 Downpipe
Made for the VF series turbo.

$125 shipped

Version 8 Spec C springs: $100 shipped
EJ20K stock fuel rail w/injectors and fuel pressure regulator: make offer
2002-2004 WRX rear rotors (New): $65 shipped

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,816 Posts
Will this price be holding on the combo hood and scoop so long as material cost doing shoot up again?
-Gaddis

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
Wow that is very nice. I wonder how durable this hood is? I may buy a hood from you in the future since my clear coat is starting to show its age now.

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Is that a 100% CF hood or like a Siebon fiberglass with CF layer?

·
Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Will this price be holding on the combo hood and scoop so long as material cost doing shoot up again?
-Gaddis
The combo price is on this one. As production on the hoods is just starting now, my cost on the other stuff is a bit higher.

Do you have pictures of the bottom of the hood?
Nope. I didn't take any because I had nothing to lean the hood against to prevent scratching the top of the hood. I could take more pics, but I'll have to unbox the thing. I'll have them tomorrow. It just looks like black gelcoat on the bottom. It has the same structural veins as the stock hood.

Do you make CF L hoods?
I don't. If there is enough demand (I would need a minimum of around 10 I think), I can have them made, but for which headlights?

Wow that is very nice. I wonder how durable this hood is? I may buy a hood from you in the future since my clear coat is starting to show its age now.
I haven't really done any durability tests, but the resin is high grade UV resistant epoxy resin, and there are 3 coats of UV protectant clear coat on the hood.

Is that a 100% CF hood or like a Siebon fiberglass with CF layer?
Yes. It is similar. It was 2 layers of carbon and 2 layers of fiberglass. I believe seibon is only a carbon fiber skin. I can make them in only carbon if you desire it, but it'll be an extra $150. Carbon has gotten pretty expensive.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Good job, more pics when you get a chance from different angles would be cool :banana: And you'll definately be able to find enough L guys who need them

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS and
438 Posts
Hm.... CF L hood be totally nice. I wonder how much is it for CF L hood... If it's not too high up there, I'm interested.

Is it just me or I kinda want mix L and RS hood. I had this idea for a while about it'll be hella nice if someone make a CF hood without scoop in the center, but have vent on the both side.

Cuz, for NA ppl, center scoop isn't really needed, cuz we don't have TMIC, but we can use the side vent cuz some of the intakes are just bottom of that vent.

Anyone agree with or it's pretty dumb idea?

·
Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Can you make these in all fiberglass?
I'm sure I can. It shouldn't be a problem. He doesn't normally deal in fiberglass, but I'll ask. I think with the rising cost of carbon fiber that he may be more inclined to do so. I'll call soon to get pricing.

Good job, more pics when you get a chance from different angles would be cool :banana: And you'll definately be able to find enough L guys who need them
Here are the other pics I took originally.

Hm.... CF L hood be totally nice. I wonder how much is it for CF L hood... If it's not too high up there, I'm interested.

Is it just me or I kinda want mix L and RS hood. I had this idea for a while about it'll be hella nice if someone make a CF hood without scoop in the center, but have vent on the both side.

Cuz, for NA ppl, center scoop isn't really needed, cuz we don't have TMIC, but we can use the side vent cuz some of the intakes are just bottom of that vent.

Anyone agree with or it's pretty dumb idea?
A CF L hood definately wouldn't be cheaper, since it actually would require more carbon where the holes for the scoop and vents would be (with the cost of carbon he uses every scrap for other smaller pieces).

I as for the hood with the side vents only, I don't think its a dumb idea, but each little option requires a new mold, so I would have to have the minimum amount of people to buy into the idea before I pursued it. It might look odd, but only because of it never being offered on a hood previously.

interested in the control arms and will be visiting torrence on Friday. PM sent.
I'll be out of town from Thursday morning for my sister's 25th birthday. I need to go to San Francisco. My girlfriend will be taking care of my dog saturday 1-5pm, so I can have it at my house if you are able to pick it up from my place in Redondo Beach during those hours. Let me know.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts