Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '01 2.5RS. It does not start. The battery is okay and all the fuses are good. I press on the clutch, turn the key and.. nothing. The engine doesn't even turn. This is at night so I can't get a good look at the problem, but does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2002 Aspen White WRX (sedan)
2,402 Posts
Hear any sounds when you crank it over?

click click = low battery or bad connection to starter

zing zing = bad starter clutch ( i think its the clutch )

nothing at all = stolen battery (lawl)

Need a little more info on how it happened and the noises it creates.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
main fuses are okay, i replaced the starter... and the car will start up with a jump, as in i get the car rolling and pop the clutch. i drove it around for about an hour with no problems once it got started.

·
Registered
2002 RS BRP
92 Posts
Are you still having the problem with it not starting? If you are sounds like a battery problem or you have a wire that isn't connected or is corroded. Check your cables.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've traced down all the wires for the ignition sequence and they appear to be okay, except right by the firewall where i can't get the best view. i'm just gonna bring it into the shop tomorrow and hope they can figure it out.

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Take off the battery terminals and clean them off real good. Check to make sure they are on tight too. I had this problem about 2 weeks ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts