Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1995 impreza L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 1995 impreza L with the 2.2 motor and previously an auto tranny. I swapped in a 5spd from a 1997 legacy. I did the wiring myself wich include soldering the 11 and 12 pins together in the auto harness as well as remove the tcu and ignition interlock box. the motor will crank but wont fire, I have spark at all four plugs, as well as fuel as the plugs are wet and I can smell raw gas. Every once in a while it will catch fire at the throttle body as well as sputter and belch a white smoke from the exhaust, when I turn on the key i hear the pump cycle on and then off and then on then off then on,

does anyone have a jumping off point here

thanks

·
Registered
Black 2001 RS
787 Posts
You screwed up the wiring somewhere. Did you make sure to plug in all the harnesses correctly and firmly? You may have spark, but it may not be at the right time.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
-Almost sounds like you have the diagnostic connecters under the steering column plugged in if you hear relays cycling
-The car shouldn't stop running because you do a transmission sway, you may have missed or jumped the incorrect wire(s)

·
yep. you heard me.
‘18 E63s AMG wagon & 10 Subarus
6,473 Posts
did you accidentally unplug something in the engine bay, like a sensor or something? its possible you messed with the wrong wires in the harness too. i've never done an auto->manual conversion though, so idk

·
yep. you heard me.
‘18 E63s AMG wagon & 10 Subarus
6,473 Posts
Nothing related to the auto transmission would keep the car from starting up if it's already cranking. What you should do for longevity is wire those 2 wires to the clutch pedal switch or the neutral sensor on the transmission wiring so that it will only start in neutral as intended

I'm gonna say you screwed up something else unrelated in the process, but unfortunately it's hard to say what

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.