Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 2.5rs wagon
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! i’m new here and i’m new to subies. I baught a 2005 2.5rs about 2 weeks ago. everything was fine with it until the other day. everything was fine with the car, nothing was running wrong or giving any indications of a problem but when i tried to fire it up after a quick drive, the car wouldn’t start. i tried a couple of times and sometimes it would start but idled extremely rough for 10-15 seconds and die. it felt like the car misfired at low rpms or it would go up to 2000 rpm and drop/die. the car is bone stock and has 155k kms on it. The car does not give any CEL for the brief moments it idles.

·
Registered
2005 2.5rs wagon
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi! i’m new here and i’m new to subies. I baught a 2005 2.5rs about 2 weeks ago. everything was fine with it until the other day. everything was fine with the car, nothing was running wrong or giving any indications of a problem but when i tried to fire it up after a quick drive, the car wouldn’t start. i tried a couple of times and sometimes it would start but idled extremely rough for 10-15 seconds and die. it felt like the car misfired at low rpms or it would go up to 2000 rpm and drop/die. the car is bone stock and has 155k kms on it. The car does not give any CEL for the brief moments it idles.
If it can help, the car does not respond if i give it gas, it just wants to die even more.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
350 Posts
Do you have a way to pull the OBDII codes? You said it shows no CEL, but It kinda sounds to me like a sensor failure of some kind, maybe MAF or MAP. Even if you were completely down a cylinder (due to a spark plug or spark plug wire) it should still run and smooth out a little with a bit of gas. You probably checked, but just to make sure: does it have fuel? If you've been cranking it and having it die, it should probably smell at least a little bit like gasoline around the engine bay, especially if you disconnect the intake duct from the manifold and have a sniff.

·
Registered
2005 2.5rs wagon
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I scanned it yesterday and nothing came up on the scanner :// its still has a 1/4 tank left of gas in it so it should be good and i’ll disconnect the intake and sniff around it! i’ll let you know if i can maybe find some more clues on this!! saturday i’m not working so i will try and find whats wrong with it all day.
Thanks alot!!

·
Registered
02 RSX type S dd, 96 Brighton
104 Posts
Have you checked the intake tubing for cracks or breaks? Had this issue on my '86 pickup recently.

·
Registered
2005 2.5rs wagon
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked mostly around the airbox but other than that i didn’t. i’ll check tonight when i get home from work and i’ll let you know!

·
Registered
2005 2.5rs wagon
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FIXED!! I can’t trust the gas gauge on it!! it was just empty on gas. Thanks a lot for your help guys!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts