Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi it’s me again so my car has been idling rough, when I come to stops my cars rpms start bouncing and when I accelerate it won’t accelerate strong badly moves, then I step again a couple of times until it engages. It’s been weird and I need it up and running because i currently have no car. I went to get my cel codes and it came up with
P0500 vehicle speed sensor a
P1540 vehicle speed sensor signal circuit malfunction
P1590 neutral switch circuit (off)
P1591 neutral switch circuit (on)
P1518 starter switch circuit low input
P0512 starter request circuit
P0136 o2 circuit (bank 1, sensor 2)
P0447 evaporative emission system vent control circuit open
P0172 system too rich (bank1)
So atm I’m gonna replace the o2 sensors in the next couple of days I have a spare upstream and I just ordered a downstream I hope that can get my car running for now
Just thought I’d post to see if there is something I’m missing or something else I can check I appreciate all the help I can get!!

·
Registered
98RS, 98RS, 99RS
425 Posts
You should post more informstion about the specifics of the car, we dont even know if its a subaru lol. What modificstions have been done? What maintenance has been done? From the codes youre getting it seems like a wiring issue or the car has been manual swapped from an automatic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should post more informstion about the specifics of the car, we dont even know if its a subaru lol. What modificstions have been done? What maintenance has been done? From the codes youre getting it seems like a wiring issue or the car has been manual swapped from an automatic.
My bad lol, so it’s a 2001 2.5rs NA with a auto trans. It had an engine swap for a less mileage engine from Japan 60k miles iirc. Everything is completely stock. I believe it also had a auto trans swap bc the old one went out. I bought it from a guy pretty cheap was running well for like 3 months then it started bucking. I changed the tps sensor with a used one and fixed the bucking but now I’m stuck with these problems I’m having now. I sometimes see the auto trans temp light when I rev the engine high. Also when the car is stopped at idle the car oil light flickers rapidly. I also changed the oil pressure sensor and did a atf flush. ATM that’s all I’ve done to it.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I was chasing a p0136 for over a year, ended up being a lose auxiliary connection at the battery

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was chasing a p0136 for over a year, ended up being a lose auxiliary connection at the battery
Wutt I’ll probably take a look at that, i have a red wire just hanging by there in the engine bay, thought it was maybe previous owner had sound system and left a cable. Do you know what it looks like ? Mine is just a red wire

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
this connection definitely looks like it's meant to be, it's the one coming out the side of the rubber boot close to the terminal, if you still have the boot any way. But, any loose wires are suspect with as many codes as you have, worth investigating.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
You may have to also replace or add additional grounds on that old of a vehicle. Grounding kits used to be the rage for a bit as they dyno tested to add power ... when all they were likely doing was repairing a faulty/broken ground in the first place so the vehicle ran appropraitely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate your responses tomorrow I have my day off and I’m gonna check these things and also replace some stuff I got. Thank you again! I’ll keep updating

1 - 8 of 8 Posts