Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car cuts off when i turn under acceleration and it wont start for a couple of mins. its mostly when making right turns. HELP

·
Registered
98 Red L 2.2L 5spd
343 Posts
any cel's? maybe a wire is loose or somthing and when you turn right under accel the G forces is enough to cut off soemthing major

·
Registered
Steel Grey WRX Limited
3,043 Posts
we need all the info we can get about your car. modifications, any problems, anything you can think of as being abnormal? there's no way we can help you with no information, which is what you gave us.

·
Registered
93 Imperza L Ameythst
3,165 Posts
At this point it could be anything? More info will yield you better answers my friend. Have you looked in the engine bay is anything looking abnormal? Are wiring looms all messed up? have you looked by the steering column to check for wires that may be exposed or shorting out under side-g's?

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,278 Posts

·
Registered
Steel Grey WRX Limited
3,043 Posts
i found that if i auto-x with anything less than 1/2 a tank i got fuel starvation. hence the reason i always ran with a full tank.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
+1234567890 My old swapped GC used to get fuel cut under hard turning, this happened to me a lot when I used to have an after market fuel pump, I replaced it with a stock fuel pump, problem went away...however it is kind of hard to diagnose or provide some insight if we don't know what your mods have.

·
Registered
2000, 2.5 RS sedan, blue
81 Posts
ive expierenced this aswell... espcially after the swap and more power... has to be the low fuel issue.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs BDP
2,079 Posts
Check the connections of your battery terminals. Could be that your battery is sliding and the wires are coming undone from the terminals

·
Registered
MY04 WRX STi Silver
1,504 Posts
Im experiencing fuel starvation aswell, also mostly right hand turns. Looks like they havnt fixed that in the GD aswell!! Any solutions??

·
Registered
2001 RS Silverthorn
1,023 Posts
I had an issue similar to this after I replaced my blown motor. I had one ground on top of the engine not tightened causing the engine to cut out. I tightened the bolt and have been running perfectly ever since

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
+11 on the fuel starvation. I have experienced this at an Auto-X event as well. Very common with our cars.

·
Registered
99 impreza rs 2.5 black
870 Posts
Mine would only do it on lefts, maybe Im not turning hard enough rights. hahaha

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Coupe - BRP
253 Posts
Mine would only do it on lefts, maybe Im not turning hard enough rights. hahaha
lol, yeah I was about to discredit this thread... mine does it turning left as well, nascar style!

so, is there a solution to the fuel starve issue? I'm getting to the point where every little bit of weight savings gets me a little closer to those pescky STS civics that we hate so much. It'd be great to run an 1/8th of a tank of 110 octane without the fear of stalling in the sweepers..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts