Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS Impreza 4 door
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While many of us here are fans of the 2008 STI and the improvements from the previous generation made to the ride, interior, and day-to-day livability, the new STI had some trouble backing up it's iconic pink badge at Virginia International Raceway.

Click here to read the rest at CARandDRIVER.com

We are still having some server issues, here are the results and data from page 1: http://www.caranddriver.com/content...on/1/file/The+Lightning+Lap,+2008+Results.pdf

Taken from NASIOC.

EDIT: Crap I misspelled lightning :(

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
My next car may not be a Subaru. Other manufacturers are passing them up in performance, the new Impreza is mediocre looking (I kind of like the sedan, though), and there are other cars out there for similar money that will give equal or better performance and better gas mileage. Honestly, if I was shopping for a new car right now, I'd probably go the same way one of my co-workers just went, and get a new Mini Cooper S. Fun to drive, factory turbo means easy upgrades, and around 30 MPG. Right now, I look at the Subaru lineup, and I don't see anything that jumps out and makes me say "I want that car!" like my 2.5RS did when I bought it new.

·
Registered
05' Impreza 2.5rs, CGM
1,967 Posts
Subaru is dead.

wouldn't go that far bro. Subaru has dug a hole that is a touch one to get out of. At least they are climbing the ladder with the new WRX. I have a strong feeling that a 2009 WRX will be my next car! I love that thing

On a personal note... I really HATE Car and Driver. They never have anything positive to say about Subaru anyways. They don't drive the car to its full advantage. It seems like every time I see a review on the STi, the times are always WAY off!!! Like they have some old fart driving the car slow and shit. I think I remember seeing a review on a 06 sti with a 0-60 time of 5.7 seconds!!!! WRONG.. that car will do sub 5 second 0-60. maybe they were thinking about the wrx times, but seriously they are a little crazy in their testing. I think the best review I have seen from them was with the new GT-R, but seriously. who is going to say anything bad about that car. Its a GRANDSLAM!

·
2.0L Turboner
94 RWD WRX & 82 EJ Brat
8,673 Posts
My next car may not be a Subaru. Other manufacturers are passing them up in performance, the new Impreza is mediocre looking (I kind of like the sedan, though), and there are other cars out there for similar money that will give equal or better performance and better gas mileage. Honestly, if I was shopping for a new car right now, I'd probably go the same way one of my co-workers just went, and get a new Mini Cooper S. Fun to drive, factory turbo means easy upgrades, and around 30 MPG. Right now, I look at the Subaru lineup, and I don't see anything that jumps out and makes me say "I want that car!" like my 2.5RS did when I bought it new.
I couldn't agree more. The only Subarus I currently like and would consider buying were built pre-2006.

I agree with you guys though, Subaru needs to get their performance shit together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts