Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long story short, removed my timing cover ( my car is ez30 swapped) and i had to pull it onto a trailer because i spun a bearing. I had my alternator unplugged and the wire from fusebox laying on frame rail. it started and ran for a 30 seconds maybe trying to just struggle it onto the trailer then it died. My battery has over 12 volts so enough to start it, but its acting like the car is completly dead, No open door light, when i turn the key absolutley nothing. Is there a fuse related to anything like this? did i fry my ecu. My windows are stuck down and i havent had time to diag it ( my car is 40 minutes away) so im looking into if anyone else had a similiar event happen.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
494 Posts
In the fuse/relay holder under the hood you will find a 'fusible link' which is basically just a short loop of black insulated wire sticking up that burns out if it sees too many amps. It happens to be like the main circuit breaker for the car. That'd be my guess and should be your first place to look. Should be towards the front of the car in that fusebox. I've blown them before by having jumper cables hooked up backwards, I'm guessing your alternator cable shorted out on the frame rail or something else metal. Obviously the proper way to fix it is to replace it with another fusible link, but I've jammed any old wire in there when I knew I fixed the short, just to limp my car around.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the fuse/relay holder under the hood you will find a 'fusible link' which is basically just a short loop of black insulated wire sticking up that burns out if it sees too many amps. It happens to be like the main circuit breaker for the car. That'd be my guess and should be your first place to look. Should be towards the front of the car in that fusebox. I've blown them before by having jumper cables hooked up backwards, I'm guessing your alternator cable shorted out on the frame rail or something else metal. Obviously the proper way to fix it is to replace it with another fusible link, but I've jammed any old wire in there when I knew I fixed the short, just to limp my car around.
Okay I will check that out tom when I go to car and reply with results. Thank you!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SOLVED: I relocated battery to trunk and completley spaced out forgetting i put a fuse inline and it was that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts