Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I replaced a damaged trunk lid on my 2015 Subaru Legacy with one from a junk yard. I hooked up the wiring harness and checked the alignment. However, I did not test the trunk before closing it... I realized this as soon as I shut it.
Now I can not open my trunk. The trunk will not open with the key fob or with the button on the dr low cost color copies at 55 printing iver-far-left side of the dash. The reverse camera and lights also does not work. The replacement does not work with my key (in hind sight, I should have switched it with my damaged lid). I tried slipping my arm behind the back seats to reach the lever that lays the seats down to access the inner trunk release. It was way too tight to fit much more than a couple fingers.
At a loss, any recommendations here? I may have to take this to a dealer or try to pick lock it. I appreciate any help!

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, '00 911 Cab, '18 CT6 TT, '04 Escalade ESV
5,436 Posts
we don't know too much about the newer subarus on here, but given the symptoms I would think it's either something electrical or maybe the car's CANBUS system isn't communicating with the new trunk. IT sucks how much newer cars are so electrical now when it comes to doing your own work. I would just remove the rear seat if you can and then either flip the trunk switch or unbolt everything from the inside (major pain in the ass) and remove it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts