Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
Definitely not this part# either...

57720FA280

:) The dealer stocks your front bumper. Head on down to your local dealership and either give them the part number or tell them what you're looking for.

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
Saves on a lot of money shipping as well.
Unless you know your local dealers parts website, then you get $5 pick up and online pricing ;). At least that's what my local dealer does with me and larger items :lol: Done it 4 times now with 4 different front bumper skins.

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
Unless you know your local dealers parts website, then you get $5 pick up and online pricing ;). At least that's what my local dealer does with me and larger items :lol: Done it 4 times now with 4 different front bumper skins.
We price match as well but......I've seen some of the parts guys tweak out after talking to some customers. They tell them this is as low as I can go on this price and they come back with some random site that has it listed for less money that would make them loose money. At that point they just say this is our price and if you want it you can have it if not order from that site. They usually cave due to the convenience of picking it up.

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
every time i go to the dealer i have to pay 6 billion dollars im not down for that. u guys might be but im good with finding someone that has them
I want aware that $160 for a new front bumper skin was 6 billion dollars....did you even search the part number? I'm gonna assume no...

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
check your WTB thread ;)

also Josephs Subaru in Florence, KY and Tom Wood Subaru both will give you good discounts on parts.

you should also check out your local club, cincinnatisubarus.com for lots of local members.

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
Holy crap. I just went through your posts. If you haven't seen them yet at the top of each section are stickies that usually go over pretty much every beginner questions that everyone who comes here posts. They are filled with TONS of really good info for you to start with most of your questions.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
lol!!!!!! dude a bumpers 150 my cost. not to mention its raw plastic which is the EASIEST in the world to prep.

ill put it in perspective for you... if your trying to get this done at a shop buy the raw plastic oem bumper thank me later..... heres why.

1. new is the best in terms of getting new paint to stick(if its done properly of coarse). and oem is best for fitment. not to mention the price on these bumpers is great.

2. buying used.... if you find one in your color with some minor flaws and your going to bolt on it GREAT do that. if your going to sand it down and have it refinished to perfection dont waste your time. your going to spend all the money you saved on the bumpre in a body shop trying to fix the bs wrong with it.

3. being a refurbished....huge problem.. dont do it. some are good some are bad but they tend to be at one point severly damaged and fixed and plastic welded back together. these usually have some filler under heavy primer, incorrect prep before the primer and have stress cracks and everything all over underneath the primer which sooner or later will come out in your paint work... piles of junk and cost about 120...spend the extra money thank me later.

4. aftermarket....not a bad solution but the fitment and price your better off with oem. not to mention aftermarket plastics arent always the greatest nor is their primer theyput on .

·
Registered
305 Posts
After you pick up that skin from the dealer just cut your beam in half.

Also did you source the other parts for the conversion? Fogs, brackets, turn signals and the bumper vents.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
After you pick up that skin from the dealer just cut your beam in half.

Also did you source the other parts for the conversion? Fogs, brackets, turn signals and the bumper vents.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
Ummmm what? Did I miss something? Why would he cut his skin in half?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.