Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So heres the choices:

(1) WRX rotors (cross drilled Brembo if I can find them) with the caliper support brackets, Goodridge lines, good pads front AND rear. ~$500

(2)Perrin 4-pot Front only brake kit as seen on Teague's http://home.att.net/~teaguesauto/brakeswr.htm ~$550

The advantage for 1 is I'd be upgrading the fronts and rears, and the advantage for 2 is obviously the 4 pot calipers.

Does anyone have any experience with this Perrin kit?

Is it possible to buy only the rear SS brake lines from Goodridge?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have no experience with the Perrin kit, however I would go with just upgrading the pads/lines/rotors front and rear. The only advantage to running the 4-pot calipers is better feel, and with the talk of how much the Wilwoods flex, feel might not even be that much better.

Again, I have no experience with the Perrin (or any Wilwood) kit, so take this with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
99 Impreza 2.5RS Black
613 Posts
Depending on what you're using your car for, your money may be better spent on the WRX upgrade. As you said, you are going to get rears as well, plus a bit of an increase in performance for your money. The stock brakes are pretty good, WRX rotors & brackets with pads will make it a little better, and the lines will improve pedal feel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts