Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1998 Impreza 2.5RS (Green)
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I'll try to keep this as concise as possible.

I just spent the last 2 days upgrading a few brake components on my '98 RS, and two things are awry: first thing, I can't get ANY fluid to come out of the RF brake caliper when trying to bleed (the other three calipers bleed fine). I look for a blockage and couldn't find any. And second, I cannot get my newly swapped ABSHCU (it's used but is supposed to be in good condition) to cycle on when accessing it from the test connector under the dash. My ABS light won't go out after accessing the test connector. PLEASE HELP ME...

The upgrades I just installed are as follows:
-'93 SVX Master Cylinder (ABS)
-'00 2.5RS Brake Lines (the '98 brake lines are different and will not match up with the side posts on the master cylinder)
-'03 WRX Proportioning Valve
-'99-'00 2.5RS Manual Trans ABSHCU (C6)

Here's the thing; when I bought the car it was an automatic trans and the ABS worked fine. When I swapped to the JDM EJ205 I have now I also converted the car to a manual trans. Since than, I still had the Automatic Trans ABSHCU installed until just now when I swapped it out for the manual trans ABS I bought....

Now as far I know, I shouldn't have had to change out anything else in order for the ABS to work. Maybe I'm wrong, but from my research all I should have had to change is the ABS sensors (for manual trans) and the ABSHCU. But for some reason when I go to terminals #3&#6 of the test connector under the dash and follow the procedure correctly in the Field Service Manual the ABS light never goes out and therefore never cycles on the ABS pump.....
Is there any other way to cycle it on so I can get a better bleed? Or is there another computer or component I need to replace so that the ABS knows it's for a manual transmission?

I tried searching vigorously on here in the technical (Brakes) section, but cant find much that relates to this specific problem. PLEASE HELP!

(Please inform me if you need any more information. I am a mechanic and am no stranger around a car, so if I left out any info you think you may need in order to help me out, just let me know)

Thanks all for your time....

·
Premium Member
1998 Impreza 2.5RS (Green)
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump: Anyone??? :bump:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts