Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
01 STM RS Sedan & MORE!
315 Posts
Nicely done. Looking forward to the development.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think going with the full harness swap is going to be a constant source of issues. Going with a merge and our CANBUS emulator is going to be a simpler solution even if it means waiting a bit while we get it ready.
Curious what your thoughts are if I want to do a complete swap of an 05 LGT manual trans engine harness, un cut, steering wheel, ignition, and cluster into an 1997 GC. I'm a dealer of your products, and will call to touch base before I start. But I have everything stripped out of the LGT already.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Curious what your thoughts are if I want to do a complete swap of an 05 LGT manual trans engine harness, un cut, steering wheel, ignition, and cluster into an 1997 GC. I'm a dealer of your products, and will call to touch base before I start. But I have everything stripped out of the LGT already.
I would think its similar to the any swap with an immobilizer, but now you're adding in a canbus system. Probably be easier to source an STi or WRX wiring harness and complete intake manifold, then just use the EJ255 and trans for your swap.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts