Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
How am I supposed to seriously think about upgrading my RS when you keep teasing me with these STi tidbits?! If the 2004 is really coming and it's gonna be a 2.5T then I need to start saving my pennies now, DARN YOU! :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
its commin out out in 04 its in this months super street imdefanly want 1

delema share a nsx w/ my dad or get an sti wrx for myself:curse: :confused: bolth hooked up like it goin out of style

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why?, for emissions reasons and cost - twin scoll turbos are not clean nor cheap.

Troy

·
Registered
3 Posts
yea it says 2.0L if it was a 2.5L it would be a true ///M3killer(one of my other choices)if its a good car ill defanly get one the interor is gansterr as hell

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Not going to be a 2.5L because of WRC regulations. WRC cars must use engines based on the production car engine, and the max size per WRC rules is 2.0L, so. therefore, no 2.5T (unfortunately).

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
you're thinking of Group A. in WRC class, you can run any turbocharged 4 cylinder (i think layout is homologated) with up to 2.0L of displacement. show me a 2.0L T 206 on the street :p not gonna happen. Group N is another matter though.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
The Subaru WRC car is homologated in Japan already. What we would get here is irrelavent to that.

There's a nice discussion about this on the NASIOC forum. Definately have considerable interest in this.

Supposedly theres a few testmules running around now and as relaible info as one could get has verifyed the possibilty too.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Yes. The word is, there's three 2.5T's running around for durability tests. No word on what bodystyle they're in though. Could be Legacy, Forester, or maybe even a Impreza.(or all 3)

I just read a thread on sightings of the STi in Alaska. It doesn't mention the 2.5 powerplant anywhere, and it probably isn't....but the STi is around.

I wouldn't look for the 2.5T for ~at least~ another year or so. It would be a real nice surprise to see it sooner though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The High Altitude Testing has finished a couple of days ago...

A White updated body 6 speed STi w/ a engine not of the 2.0L variety was here in CO.

And they say it won't happen... When my white STi comes in March I'll let you guys be the first to see with pics.

Troy

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
Wow, I can't believe that they actually went and shoved a 2.5L into it. What's more, it's probably the fastest factory impreza ever. I would have thought that Subaru would have kept the fastest cars out in Japan, but I guess they smell the US money and hung their balls out. Not that I'm complaining.

As I understand it, the 6-speed is supposed to be good out to somewhere around 400hp (or lb-ft?).

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
DoorKnob said:
As I understand it, the 6-speed is supposed to be good out to somewhere around 400hp (or lb-ft?).
:drool::drool: Will it fit in a GM* chassis? Im sure it'll require new axles and diffs. I wonder if they have one without the DCCD.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 6 speed was tested by Option Magazine about two years ago and it was stabile to 450+ hp. It is much beefier than the 5 speed as you can see.

Troy

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RSTi
324 Posts
the day has come

Man i can't belive the day has come when we get teh STi in America.... and even better its a 2.5 LITER engine!!! its a good day:sunny:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts