Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tomorrow morning i leave for school and i wanted to get some last minute things done. so i put my car up on wheel ramps and put in the 02 spacer (catless), did some minor grounding mods and while i was resetting my ECU, i was too impatient and wanted my car off the ramps so i just pushed it off. i was half in the car half out. i was to concerned to catch the door on the side of the garage that i caught it on my tool box:curse::curse::bonk::bonk: i was so dumdfounded i just walked away and i believe it or not, dont make fun of me, but it brought a tear to my eye. i just finished buffing the whole car like 2 days ago and i have to do something that stupid. so now my door if fucked up, not bad though. this is where i need your help

the door is pushed forward a little and BARELY touches the bottom of the front fender, the top seems to line up fine. when try to close the door it has to move up a little in order for it to catch, nothing huge though. i was thinking i might have bent a bracket? the door has very small damage, just where it touches the fender, its bent a little but not noticeable unless your looking for it.

so is it possible i bent the door hinge? can door hinges from a 4 door fit the coupes? would any suby work (for door hinge)?

· Premium Member
06 Lexus Rx400h
2,071 Posts
pretty god damn sure any front door hinge will work....check to make sure its not on both sides and what you need to replace.. caz if you bent the door "eye" bracket ( i dunno what its called ) or the frame side.. or both just one wont work.. it is two pieces bolted together

· Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
pretty god damn sure any front door hinge will work....check to make sure its not on both sides and what you need to replace.. caz if you bent the door "eye" bracket ( i dunno what its called ) or the frame side.. or both just one wont work.. it is two pieces bolted together
yea i noticed that its made out of 2 parts too. one side bolts to the door and the other bolts to the car body. anyone else think it can be something other than the hinges?

· Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,297 Posts
try adjusting the hinge in question.

I'd imaging the body side of the hinge needs to be loosened, then the door pulled rearward-possibly upward, then retightened. htis may need to be done a dozen times to get the correct fitment.

once that gap is established, then deal with the door/striker (latch) situation

then figure out your exterior body damage repair needs

--

it wouldn't hurt going by a body shop and seeing what they say..

it doesn't sound too bad, tho

· Registered
02' PSM WRX
1,506 Posts
if you need some hinges i have some let me know. you may have tweaked the inges a little bit. or possibly where the hinge meets the door or where it meets the body.

· Registered
17,115 Posts
We all do stupid things :)

I pulled the jackstand out from underneath the car and placed it in front of my driver's door, then proceeded to open the driver's door :mamoru:

Oh well. The body will never be perfect. :sunny:

· Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
4,307 Posts
we all do do stupid things. This morning I accedentally broke my 12v terminal
on my battery. Replacement was only $4 so it wasn't too bad, and I like the replacement
a lot more. It's real simple to use, clilp on clip off.

THanks for the 02 Link. Question, my car seems, smells and uses gas as if it's running
rich. Will this make the car worse, fix it, or keep it the same, using the spacer that is while
getting rid of the CEL. Thanks

Note - turbo set up with high flow cat

· Premium Member
2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS/AW
715 Posts
<----another stupid person

so after i finished installing my HF cat i was backing out of the 'rents garage,and the way the driveway is set up you have to turn as your going out.i was too excited to see what it would sound like that i turned just a little to sharp....CRUNCH,front bumper hit the side of the door and cracked the paint on the top rounded edge.yeah i was pissed at myself after that one,but now i dont care as much when a cone leaves a mark at auto-x.

No garages were harmed in the making of this story.

· Registered
02' PSM WRX
1,506 Posts
its gunna smell like fuel with the HFC. this will trick the ecu into running like it has cats though.

we all do do stupid things. This morning I accedentally broke my 12v terminal
on my battery. Replacement was only $4 so it wasn't too bad, and I like the replacement
a lot more. It's real simple to use, clilp on clip off.

THanks for the 02 Link. Question, my car seems, smells and uses gas as if it's running
rich. Will this make the car worse, fix it, or keep it the same, using the spacer that is while
getting rid of the CEL. Thanks

Note - turbo set up with high flow cat

· needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
12,639 Posts
Don't feel bad, I did the same think backing a customers car out of the shop (had to roll it, the engine was fubar'ed). The door wasn't fully closed and I bumped it causing it to swing out and catch the sliding door's rail. Nice dent x 2. Luckily the guy was sending it to a salvage yard later that day. I would try bending the hinges back into place. They are pretty rugged, the car probably bent where the hinges are mounted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.