Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
MY00 GC6 BRP
2,152 Posts
Well what struts are you on? I would never ever just put springs on oem struts.

Well..... you can, just up to a certain threshold.

Depends on the stiffness of the spring's rate, and the dampening stiffness, and technology of the shocks.

There are light springs that only stiffen a little bit, so they will be able to be used with oem shocks in GOOD CONDITION. Not like 150k+ used shocks lol.

Now if you are going dramatically stiffer, then yes I would go ahead and change out both at the same time so they will work symmetrically better with each other with the right stiffness setting of what you are going to use your car for.

Oh and AWDKid, what about koni inserts and ground controls? They do use oem shocks right?

But just the part that holds it in place with the chassis haha :rolleyes4

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
you gotta start this thread over I think

you asked about what springs people have, and the rates and the drops...but now you already bought springs?

http://z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=legacy&cat=handling&prodid=54 for Tein springs

what exactly did you buy, what is the part #? Did you buy them new or used? If used, the seller should be able to tell you what they were/are. Did you install them yet? Are you not happy with them? If not, why (in detail)?

·
Registered
2012 Audi S4
1,954 Posts
you gotta start this thread over I think

you asked about what springs people have, and the rates and the drops...but now you already bought springs?

Z-1 Performance Automotive Services Inc. - Tein Springs for Tein springs

what exactly did you buy, what is the part #? Did you buy them new or used? If used, the seller should be able to tell you what they were/are. Did you install them yet? Are you not happy with them? If not, why (in detail)?
agreed.

if they are S-techs well that opinion is pretty well known if you would have searched...long story short havent read a good review of them yet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.