Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2k BRP wagon (sold) 06 MTBajaT
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wanting to buy a short throw shifter off of ebay tonight but there are so many to choose from... I was just wondering if someone could recommend one to me if they have had any luck with it.:puppy_dog Would be much appreciated.
current link on ebay for "impreza short shifter" :
impreza short shifter | eBay
yes i did do some searching...
oh and I am looking to spend around 30$
thanks -- Starr

·
Registered
2000 RS SRP(RIP), 97 OBWRXS
2,523 Posts
i personally wouldnt trust a shifter from ebay, especially if its gonna be a sub-$30 short shift, i cant comment on quality or anything, seeing as i have never used on but i do have a kartboy short shift and i can say that it is a great short throw

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have heard enough people say that they just got a cheap non brand name one off of ebay and were quite happy with it and the quality/ how it felt. If you have bought one of the cheap ones and thought it was total crap and upgraded to kartboy to find an incredible difference then do say so, because I would prefer not to spend that amount of money if I dont have to.

thanks.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why not pick up a quality used shifter? I picked up my B&M for $20. There's deals to be had.
I have been keeping my eyes open for them...

Why don't you just buy a new Kartboy? At least it will last..
Priorities... I would prefer to spend that extra $120 on something else. $150 just seems a bit high if somthing else for a fraction of the cost can get the job done. I am sure cartboy makes a nice shifter. I am just not interested in putting out that kind of money for it. All I am doing is trying to stretch my dollar as much as I can.
From the searching on the forums here there hasn't been much negative for cheap ebay short throws. The reason I am interested is because people where saying that they were holding up for a long time. I would just like to hear from them and which one they got.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.