Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Should be able to pretty easily, even with only 5-8 PSI. It's lighter and has more bottom-end torque than the WRX, so it has an advantage.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yes. A mild RS-T should have comporable HP (~180 @ wheels with low boost).

However, the RS-T should get its boost much lower than the WRX (maybe around 2500rpm instead of 3500). And before the 2.0T turbo kicks in, the 2.0 engine is kinda anemic, so you got the 2.5 advantage and the turbo will kick in a lot sooner.

I just drove my friend's GTi the other day.. he dyno'd at over 200hp and 250ftlbs at the wheels! The cool thing is that it peaks at 2400rpm! Talk about one fun car! :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
I drive a "mild" RS-T and everything said in this the thread is the truth when it comes to whooping WRX's.

My turbo runs 3 psi in 1st and 2nd gear, then 4.3 psi in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears.

Running a custom turbo setup utilizing a Legacy RHB5 turbo, my car beat a stock WRX to 60 by two car lengths. Off the line it wasn't even funny, I friggin DESTROYED him. My car makes full boost at around 2200-2300 RPM as compared to the laggy and torqueless EJ20. I didn't even launch hard. He caught up to about a car length behind when he hit 2nd gear, but when I hit 50 mph and shifted to third I had him quite easily. Remember, a REX with stock gearing will get to 63-65 MPH in 2nd gear.

As I see it, he was BEGINNING running out of his power band at 50 MPH, and this is when mine was over, so I shifted to third and got my torque back. Thats where you get em'. Higher redline=not always a good thing.

Bottom line, you can't beat lots of torque and quick spooling turbo's.

·
Registered
65 Posts
WRX's are easy. I run 10 lbs of a boost through a Cobb tuning engine and my car dynoed at 300 hp at the wheels. :biggest:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Do you have the COBB Stage III shortblock?

How's the tranny holding up?

Graham

·
Registered
77 Posts
myRS25 said:
What do you guys think ? Or

You REALLy beat a WRX before ?

thanx
um. yea, a boosted RS would have no trouble with a stock WRX. at just 4psi you should be trapping around 97mph. where as stock WRX's trap at 93-95mph. 7psi your easily in the mid 13s, as fast as a JDM STi WRX.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes the engine is a Cobb Stage III. I run an 4EAT auto that has been massaged by level Ten. Otherwise I'm sure I'd have shredded a few 5 speeds by now. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts