Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
03 350z for now
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to pick up a hood from a member on Sunday and I was curious if a hood can fit inside either flat or at an angle inside my wagon. I measured, but it seems to be a tight squeeze. If anyone has a definitive answer if a hood will fit inside or not that would be great!

p.s. I'd rather not put it on my roof rack for fear of it flying up and flipping off the car on the highway.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Not to be silly, but.. you know my answer to this. :stafiseiz

Maybe it could be brought up here, though? Worth asking..

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
03 350z for now
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
drive there without your hood and drive back with the other one on
OMG THIS COULD WORK PERFECTLY.

Nah.. I'd rather not get pulled over since I have to drive on the highway and this guy lives 50miles from me. :D

..I'd do it if he lived closer... (shakes fist)

·
Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
2,724 Posts
it will fit, but a corner will hang out the rear window.

·
Premium Member
1999 2.5RS Silverthorn
286 Posts
The gc hood isn't even that big though...I know it fit into my toyota sienna, with extreme amount of room. I didn't even have to slant the hood. With my Acura 3.0CL hood, I had to slant it in my van. but my GC hood, I didn't have to slant it at all, it just sit flat and didn't have any problems at all.

I don't know how big the wagon is, but it definitely fit in my toyota sienna

·
Registered
98 Red L 2.2L 5spd
343 Posts
why dont you just take off your old hood and see if it fits in the rear and problem solved

·
Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
591 Posts
i just rented a u-haul 4x8 enclosed trailer for $20.

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
i just rented a u-haul 4x8 enclosed trailer for $20.
Weak sauce, Why not bolt on your new hood, and then see if the old one will fit in the back, so as not to damage your new hood with putting it in/out.

Or just realize that there is enough room, and you need to quit worrying...

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
03 350z for now
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How about just remove current hood, and securely tape a flat cardboard (maybe painted dark to be less conspicuous) to cover the engine bay, then drive there?

LOL. Can I has scoop and vents too? :D

I wasn't expecting this to go to 2 pages, just wanted a quick answer. Sheesh!

·
Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
591 Posts
Weak sauce, Why not bolt on your new hood, and then see if the old one will fit in the back, so as not to damage your new hood with putting it in/out.

Or just realize that there is enough room, and you need to quit worrying...
didn't want to bother with removing my strut bar and sub box, and didn't want to drive 100 miles up to MA with no hood :p. Already had a trailer hitch on for my seadoo so it was easy to just go to u-haul and get the enclosed trailer for the day for $20.

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
OMG THIS COULD WORK PERFECTLY.

Nah.. I'd rather not get pulled over since I have to drive on the highway and this guy lives 50miles from me. :D

..I'd do it if he lived closer... (shakes fist)
Just do it anyway. I've never had a problem with police w/o a hood.

Even if you get pulled over, just explain what you're doing and the cop should let you go unless he's a real dick.

·
Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
2,724 Posts
why is everyone making this so fucking complicated? just put it in the back with one window rolled down.

/thread

1 - 20 of 33 Posts