Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we do not even have emission testing here in michigan and the local shop prestige auto said they wont install them cause they dont say they are emission tested. the guy at cobb said the street ones will not change your emissions.
I need to find someone willing to install them here i could but it is freezing out!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
find other garages. the one you went to doesn't want to install them because they don't want to be blamed if it doesn't work. hit up the "mom & pop" gas stations. they usually have good mechanics that work there because they didn't like ripping people off. that and they might let you watch when they do the work. just some ideas.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
I agree. Once you have them installed, take the invoice back to the shop to show them what they missed out on bringing in that week. :curse:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i am

yeah i am starting to check out some smaller shops but this being home of the detroit big 3 there are not many import guys here that i would trust
i might check out a german auto shop there are plenty of them
there are some tricky things with the subs and tools..
i know of a place about 11/2 away that specializes in subs and nissans might have to do that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts