Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to the subaru world, i wanted to start modifying my car. what intake system would work best with my car, and by best i obviously mean HP

·
Registered
'93 L wagon, '04 FXTi
1,682 Posts
heartbreaker said:
im new to the subaru world, i wanted to start modifying my car. what intake system would work best with my car, and by best i obviously mean HP
Cobb, GanzFlow, and Gravel Sport seem to be the only ones universally accepted as performance oriented. I would say they make the best power gains in that order too. Just don't get one with an exposed filter in the engine bay. You won't really gain power, just noise. I have a GanzFlow on the way, so I'll repost when I install it, and Cobb has good info on their setup on their website.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what dealers can i purchase these products from... i know the parts are out there just cant find the store online to buy them

·
Registered
539 Posts
I couldn't really give you and exact number of hp gained by using ganzflow. I'm not sure but you might be able to email larry at imprezars.com and he might be able to tell you. Maybe he's dyno'd it, not sure. There is a definite increase believe me, but like i said i can't quote anything for you.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i might be selling my ganzflow shortly and k&n panel filter.. pm me here and/or on nasioc at the same name. i dont check here as often as i do over there.

·
Registered
'93 L wagon, '04 FXTi
1,682 Posts
I am curently running a snorkelectomy, but my new-to-me Ganzflow is sitting in my living room waiting to be installed on an otherwise stock motor. I'll let you guys know what my butt-dyno says, unless I can get someone local to donate a couple dyno pulls for the benefit of quantifying the Ganz? :checkit:

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
RSman2.5 said:
The best intake for the 2000 is the COBB CAI. pricey but definately definately worth it. I have one my self. Good gains and good sound

o ya www.cobbtuning.com
I partially agree with you. It does have bigger gains than the GanzFlow, but only by a small margin. Not enough to be worth twice as much, anyways. I have a GanzFlow on my 00 RS, and I love it, definitly worth the money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts