Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas as to what this could be? I taped it off... it was a bare end with a hole like it was bolted to something at one point...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thats your third brake light harness bruh. As easy way to figure it out is to think about what electronics could possibly be attatched to your trunk, and as highlander rules apply, there can be only one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats your third brake light harness bruh. As easy way to figure it out is to think about what electronics could possibly be attatched to your trunk, and as highlander rules apply, there can be only one.
So where is it supposed to be bolted to lol

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's a harness lol, it's supposed to be connected to the harness in the trunk area. Since you didnt give us the year or model of the car it's impossible to know whether your car came with a spoiler and third brake light. Judging from the rear deck speaker area it looks like a 93-97 sedan but I coulsn't tell for sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a harness lol, it's supposed to be connected to the harness in the trunk area. Since you didnt give us the year or model of the car it's impossible to know whether your car came with a spoiler and third brake light. Judging from the rear deck speaker area it looks like a 93-97 sedan but I coulsn't tell for sure.
Oh sorry it’s a 2002 2.5 rs and yes it has the spoiler with a light

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The third brake light works just fine though as it should. All three brake lights are operable actually. The one inside the car behind the rear window the tail lights and the one on the spoiler.

·
Registered
53 Posts
One interesting clue he gave us is "the hole like it was bolted to something at one point". Another one is that the cable does not have the soft flexible sleeve around it like Subaru usually uses for trunk wiring.

I -think- this is not an electronics cable and is actually the safety wire/retaining/retention cable for the wing in case of accidental detachment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One interesting clue he gave us is "the hole like it was bolted to something at one point". Another one is that the cable does not have the soft flexible sleeve around it like Subaru usually uses for trunk wiring.

I -think- this is not an electronics cable and is actually the safety wire/retaining/retention cable for the wing in case of accidental detachment.
That would make sense!! Thanks for all the input guys!

·
Registered
247 Posts

If that's the case I believe it bolts to the same area where the trunk bolts to the arm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts