Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
As you can tell I own a 2000 honda civic ex, its all done up body kit and all with intake and exhaust.

Anyways, i am interested in buying a 2.5 RS 2002. I was wondering ho weveryone liked the power, and what your 1/4 mile times were. Especailly did u beat any civic or integra people. I want to move up not sideways..heheh

I priced one out and I got the short throw shifter, exhaust factory installed blah blah blah, and it came to 22k. I was wondering if that would bring me to the 15's in the 1/4 mile. My car (the civic) runs ohh 16 something, i know a disgrace.

I looked into the WRX but too much money with teh options I want i know i am greedy.

Please help me out here...

Thanks,
Ross

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also i was wondering if i should get the SPT performance muffler or an aftermarket one. i figured while its at teh dealer i should have it put on. I am going to get the short throw shifter if anything...

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I think some of the aftermarket equipment would be better than the dealer stuff, but I could be wrong. I'm personally going to get the MRT Rally full exhaust system (headers to the back!) which only costs $583.

At 6,000 feet and with an auto tranny, I can pull a 16.9 quarter mile at 90.7 mph completely stock. At sea level I suspect that would be .5 to 1 second faster - maybe. I have a 2000 RS.

You probably won't see 15's without some other mods, like a CAI, chip (ProECM is what I ordered), exhaust, and a gaggle of other mods. Be warned - the 2000's ECU learns, so if you install a S-AFC the factory ECU un-learns what you tweak with it! :lol:

·
Registered
223 Posts
As far as 1/4 mile times go, I have no clue. I can tell you DO NOT buy the SPT muffler. The piping is the same diameter as stock. I bought the SPT and regret it to this day. Now it just sits in the attic, in case I need to pass emissions.

Later
Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts