Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
'02, Impreza WRX, WRB.
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, finally i think ive found my black 1998 subaru impreza L. Its from a dealership and i'm pretty sure the guy I talked too wont go any lower then $4,500. Its a 4 door sedan, power everything, no cruise, its got an A/T :)mad:) clean title, no accidents (all that good stuff) and it has 85,000 miles on it. Seems to be clean inside and out, and in great running condition.

Is this something i should jump on? Or should i try to get him to come down more and if he says no then tell him to just forget it?

I mean i've been waiting so long for this car I almost don't even mind paying a little over what its worth if it means getting it now, but just thought i'd see what you guys thought of how good of a price that is or not, thanks!! :)

· Registered
98 aspen white impreza L coupe
124 Posts
i bought mine for 4300. it was a 2 door. with auto tranny and like 95k miles. but the car was like immaculate and im still yet to have any problems with it. i'd say not too bad of a price

· Registered
'95 1.8 L wagon
49 Posts
i just bought my '95 l wagon for $3900 (with fees, taxes, etc. it was $4500) it is super clean with only 85k miles. of course another one will pop up for sale in a week or a month that seems like a good deal too, but if you like this one, jump on it, i say.
good luck
james

· Registered
'02, Impreza WRX, WRB.
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay sweet! Thanks guys! Keep the posts coming though! :)

Yeah after a while i might do a swap. But i'm not very knowledgeable about that kind of stuff, would i be able to swap the tranny into a manual also? And how much would that cost? Cuz i hate A/T! =p haha

· General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
4,539 Posts
First off, AT is more expensive when you buy from a dealer.

Second: $4500 is WAY too much.

4 years ago I got an L for $1600.
It was a clean title, very nice interior, 76,000 miles. .. And that was 4 years ago!! Now it should be Less, not more!

· Registered
'02, Impreza WRX, WRB.
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To Tim.flat4. I know but with Subaru's anymore it always seems that they can never get a right estimation, like the RS's always go for more then book seems like sometimes.

To Rotarfreak: Well thats awesome, but i haven't been able to find any L's (especially in my area!) any better, i think everybodys pricing them higher and they know they can get it, i mean i already have to drive 2 hours away for this car also because there so hard to find before they get sold already.

To Rsmonkey. You could get it for $600?!?!? Is it really crappy?

· Registered
MY99 OBS
2,294 Posts
i flew 300+ miles to get my RS. Find a car through the forums, fly there, check it out, buy it(if everything looks good) and drive it home. I have not had any problems with my car. if you buy off the forums you can go through their posts and see how the car has been treated and just ask if anything is wrong, etc. Usually people who have been on the forums for a few years are honest about the cars condition, but i would still browse through their cars journal to see what the car has been through. GoodLuck!

· Registered
'02, Impreza WRX, WRB.
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well if I could afford to fly somewhere to look at a car then I don't think i would even care if I spent a little above book value =p

I mean I cant pay more then $4500, i mean if i could find an RS for that near me i would probably jump on it, but another thing is, i don't want to get the RS and then a few months later needing to spend getting the head gaskets fixed, i mean that was the one plus i was thinking about the L is it is going to last me FOREVER!

· Registered
2000 2.5Rs Charcoal Grey
219 Posts
Well I would say don't buy it if it's A/t and you want 5spd. I would say wait to find one with a 5spd if that's what you really want.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.