Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Buying a subie

291 Views 1 Reply 1 Participant Last post by  horatio102
BTW, It is a 97 brighton. Do I need insurance card cause can't seem to find it. It's my moms. Can I just get the number from that or what? Also I live in RI right now but plan on going back to Texas soon and still have TX license should I register here or what? Any help would be nice. First time buyer anxiety.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
When you buy a new car, you tell your insurance company, and they add the car to the policy. Then they mail you a new card.

If you reside in one state, generally you have 30 days to get the car registered and inspected in that state. They like to get all the revenue they can. If you're moving back to Texas, I'd leave it in Texas though.

Are you up there for school? If so, you can keep the car registered at your permanent home.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.