Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...this is my first post. I have been trolling on i-club :)

As I learn more about Imprezas, I am liking the 99-01 RS coupe more and more. I currently have a 02 RS and I will definitely need another car in 2004 (when I give my 02 2.5RS to wife :) ).

I was leaning toward a used 02 RSX-S but now the RS coupe is really getting me interested. I like the AWD and the low-end torque (from driving my 02RS) and the looks of the car is really growing on me (that front end looks so mean and aggressive)

But will it be difficult to locate a 99-01 RS by 2004?
1) There weren't so many RS coupe made for usa, correct?
2) I will want a 5 speed
3) I want one that wasnt modified (I can see this is gonna be very impossible, is it? :( )

So please excuse me for being a noob as I learn more about the RS here :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I will sell you mine in 2004. Do want to start making arrangements now? :checkit:

just kidding.

IIRC Total production was around 10,000 +- for a coupe 5 speed, say 20% were in accidents and totalled, and add another 20% for modded cars, there are only around 6,000 left now that fit your criteria. I would think you would be able to find one, but keep in mind that last year when I bought mine I looked for 3 months and only found 2 cars I was willing to buy, and drove 2.5 hours to get the one I ended up with. It also depends where you live I suppose.

Forgive my rambling!

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
In 2004 I think it would be kind of difficult to find a 99-01 RS in good condition (decent mileage;not abused;few/no mods). Even though there probably will be a bit more people trading in their RSs in 2004 (for the 05' Sti :biggest: )

I think you should go with the RSX Type-S. At 1st I didn't like em at all, but my friend got one and they are pretty damn nice.

RSX and RS are comparative, but the RSX TYpe-S is more comparative to the WRX. So if you had the option of a RS and a RSX type-S, I would go for the RSX..... or if you want, you could buy a Type-S and ill trade u my RS :D

·
Registered
07 wrx
180 Posts
i also had to drive far to get my RS but about the whole compaird to the wrx performence i dont know if anyone else had the chance to race one but i have and it was close but i was polling!looks the rsx takes that by far at least in my eyes so basicly its just personal perfernce? no affence intended

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep...it looks like it will be a bit difficult to find a 99-01 RS coupe in 2004, but it will be worth a try :)

I wouldnt get a used WRX though...there is just something about a used turbo car that scares me (please correct me if I am wrong)

RSX-S will definitely be faster than RS but the RS coupe is more unique...oh well...counting down til 04 :biggest:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts