Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I checked the car out and got the bank stuff straight. It is a 2001 RS Black, 2D, etc etc. It has high mileage though 36k, what I am curious about is how long is the warranty on the drive train and other things. From what I recall most of it goes to 36k. I might be wrong about that so feel free to correct me. I'll be picking it up next week. :happynow:

Buster

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I thought it was something like that. I'll email Subaru to verify. Here is a pic of the car, I should be picking it up early this week.

Buster

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
What kind of warranty does it come with? If its the 30 day, then see if you can pull at least a 1 year 12K warranty out of them. When I bought mine, it was at 39K and I made a big deal about it and got a 1 year. Just say that the cars probably not even a year old, and they want to sell it without a warranty? It makes it allot easier if your buying from a Subaru dealership, because you can pull the old "I thought you would want to stand behind the quality of your product" BS.

·
Registered
2001 Silverthorn Coupe
144 Posts
Make sure you pull up the hood bra to see if anything is under there. Its higher milage so the car was driven on the highway alot the "bra" was probably there to keep the hood from getting chipped, but you never know, they may have thought of that AFTER the hood was all chipped up, dented with a DIY repair ect.

cheeRS,

Greg

·
Registered
2001 Silverthorn Coupe
144 Posts
Lo0mis said:
What kind of warranty does it come with? If its the 30 day, then see if you can pull at least a 1 year 12K warranty out of them. When I bought mine, it was at 39K and I made a big deal about it and got a 1 year. Just say that the cars probably not even a year old, and they want to sell it without a warranty? It makes it allot easier if your buying from a Subaru dealership, because you can pull the old "I thought you would want to stand behind the quality of your product" BS.
It may be a private sale. No mention of a dealer was ever made either way.

cheeRS,

Greg

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It comes with a 3 month/3500 mile warranty. It isn't at a Suby dealership. When I went and looked at the car the bra was actually already off. Nothing wrong with the hood at all, well except for having pollen all over it.

Buster

·
Registered
347 Posts
Exactly how many miles are on it?

The warranty was almost up on my RS and I bought the extended warranty---up to 80k miles. I had 35,500 miles on my RS...and its an MY01 too. I've got a ton of highway miles because it just takes forever to get anywhere from Miami. :(

Extended warranty cost less than $700 too. And Subaru has a monthly payment plan so its about $75/month :)

EvasionOfTruth said:
It comes with a 3 month/3500 mile warranty. It isn't at a Suby dealership. When I went and looked at the car the bra was actually already off. Nothing wrong with the hood at all, well except for having pollen all over it.

Buster

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hmmmmmm...

You may want to call Subaru anyway to see if you're eligible to purchase the extended warranty.

Chances are you won't need it. I've put over 42k miles on my '01 RS and I've had zero problems. The car should be great...and curse you for getting the black. :run:

I tried to get one, buy my friend bought it two days before I went to get it. :eek: hehe....that's ok though, everyone seems to like the Sedona red. :)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info Matt.

I actually wanted a Sedona Red, couldn't find one though. The black has a nice look to it though, it'll grow on me more than likely.

Buster

1 - 12 of 12 Posts