41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
aka arangov3
Do noffin Foz
2,802 Posts
:hijack:

Google:WRXNissanhardbody
hes bart's cousin????

Their is a lot of nonsense in this thread personally if someone had a problem with something I sold I would do what I can to 1 prove I was honest 2 save my name.

You guys both have each others numbers right? Stop talking **** online and resolve this like men do things the right way.

·
aka RFoy2.5RS-T
98 RS
1,707 Posts
I bought the motor over two years ago. I got deployed over seas and the motor sat. When I returned my friend and I dropped the pistons in and did a ball hone with a drill. I told him the bearings felt tight when the pistons were out. I never split the case and never ran the motor. I never told fan boy I bored it out or that the block was checked out. The deal with the heads having stock valve train parts was dealt with. I sent him a picture of the pm from the person I bought them from stating that they had aftermarket springs. We adjusted the price and drove on. Now the block isn't in working condition and I have paid bills with the money from the sale. I can not unpay the bills. The very best I could offer was to refund him $250. This was all in private text message between the two of us. He moved this to a public forum not me. So a public forum is where it will stay. After he has continued to spam all my threads on both sites I pulled my offer off the table until it stops and is removed. I did nothing dishonest here if I had known the bearings were bad I would have never put the JE pistons in and continued to collect parts for the build. As I told fan boy over text message I am unable to financially give him a full refund but I'm willing to do what I can and that is $250. All he has done is insult my character, tell me he is going to call my supervisor and tell him I am a bad mechanic. When he comes at me saying things like that it makes me want to tell him to kick rocks. He also never mentioned I gave him a bunch of extra parts for free (coil packs, gaskets, bolts, ect.)

·
Registered
'00 2.5rs coupe
1,628 Posts
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
None of you know him because he's on NASIOC. An honest tried and true motor builder, not some wanna be. I've built and sold maybe seven motors with him. There all still running and if there's a problem, he fixes it, he doesn't just, throw up his hands and say "oh, it was as is" he doesn't imply that something is going to work and then give you a shoddy answer saying, "I didn't know." He's actually one of the few that stands behind his work. We just sold a motor this past Sunday, word gets around they know his builds are good. Google:WRXNissanhardbody

What happened here is underpowered is straight up not telling the truth. Not now and not when he sold us the motor. He implied, that the motor was good, that he had worked on it.
"I Bored it out, was going to use it in my build, but my wife left me. I have to pay on her car. The valve springs were super tech valve springs with titanium retainers."

Here's the kicker, when we got it back to the garage that night and weighed the valve springs they weight the identical 84 grams as some know the stock valve springs weigh. We called him on that and underpowered lowered the price of the motor saying he didn't know that the other guy he bought it from told him they were super tech.

We didn't actually get around to cracking the case until a day ago. My dog died on the 17th so things got waylaid, but when we did finally get around to it we were both stunned. It was busted up. No way this guy doesn't know this and if he really didn't then he should be having a few words with the guy he bought it from.

Whether or not he pays up, is yet to be known. No worries though cause we got this, "cream always rises to the top."
You're building a motor from the ground up: you know it's condition. He bought a used motor he was told was good, it sat for 2 years, your friend looked it over in person, bought it and now discovers an issue after he cracked the block open to "clean cat hair". Not quite the same scenario.

You're selling something that is effectively new after you rebuild it. He sold something very much used: used things are "buyer beware".

He owes you guys nothing; the $250 is a very nice gesture but apparently you think it's only fair that he gives you back a full refund now and take back a engine in pieces. Good luck with that.

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
Aww HELLL to the naw.

/subbing for dis ****. OP seems like a tool, let's tune in, and see where that gets him.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Forester S 4EAT
209 Posts
^yup

my question is, who the hell buys used engine parts without budgeting for a complete rebuild?

·
Registered
Black GC8
239 Posts
That's why you don't ever buy used blocks...even jdm engines from ebay or importers. It says it in fine print on all their receipts, "Must replace thermostat, head gasket and all seals for the warranty to take effect. You buy it from someone else besides a shop then your screwed. That's why it's sold as is! Thread closed.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts