Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am just telling the community what happened. It's actually the other way around. until i am paid. all posts are left posted. Until you change you mind. good luck to you and have a nice life.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i don't need your money. i purchased a motor that was promised to be in good condition.. and it was junk....you ripped me off.

·
Registered
2001 D2 A8L
929 Posts
OP, you can keep bashing the guy but most of us can still see it for what it is. I am not disuaded from buying from Underpowered RS.

And it seems you made an account here just to trash his name. He has contributed to the site. You are a stranger, so I think you can see why we're not all jumping on your side.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
hey ralph...got anything to sell other than the entire car? i'd love to buy it from you. :)

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP Coupe
1,772 Posts
Reported the posts on the Nasioc site and linked this thread for Admin discussion.

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
Personally. I would never have split a subaru block and not planned on replacing the bearings. They are known for spinning them and if I was going through all that trouble I would have just planned on it.

As you stated you saw the condition of the block prior to leaving with it. If I saw that it was full of cat hair and dirt my final offer would have been low enough that I could rebuild it. You say you have built 2 dozen motors so I am not sure why with your experience didnt just assume.

When ever you are buying something used, especially when he says he bought it used and never ran it (HUGE RED FLAG FOR ME), that the onus will be on you to verify it before purchasing or putting it in your car. If you have been buying used parts for some time (over 10 years for me) you will come across some duds. It happens and it sucks! Its just the cost of paying a fraction for parts compared to what they cost brand new.

I would be pissed at the situation but glad that you caught it before installation (that would REALLY have sucked) and that the seller is offering you a refund of any kind.

·
Registered
'00 2.5rs coupe
1,628 Posts
i don't need your money. i purchased a motor that was promised to be in good condition.. and it was junk....you ripped me off.
He didn't rip you off: he had no way of knowing, just like you didn't know when you bought it. What's so hard to understand? He was offering some money back to try to make it (more) right, even though he did nothing wrong.

The guy has been on here for 9 years. You think I'm going to take your word over his? **** no. I'd buy from him right now. He's a stand up dude!

Until ALL posts bashing me both on here and on nasioc including in my sale ad for my car are removed my offer to refund $250 is rescinded.
Good for you buddy. :projectsti.com:

·
Registered
11 wrx & 15 fozzy 2.5i
2,000 Posts
2 years ago I bought an ej257 from another member on on the forums, he claimed it was immaculate with 40k miles on it. I had it shipped from Texas to nj, I had the chance on inspect everything once I got it in my hands, looked good to me, the I say, no way I'm slapping this with crappy oem pistons in my car, bought some forged pistons and swapped them over just to find out my new used block had 2 pistons with cracked ring lands, ass soon as they were not pressed in the cylinder pieces of pistons were all over the floor, who would know right!

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,315 Posts
$250 is a fair offer, you can get a set of new oem sized bearings and a used ej257 crank and refresh it. Its not rocket science.

I've been screwed over before by another member, Nellison79 and trust me it didn't resemble this situation at all. I lost ALL of my money, he didn't offer anything for the trashed block he sold me that was in "great condition". At least the seller is offering a fair amount, you can get the engine back into shape with that. Someone here or on Nasioc will have a good crank for sale, just be sure to get good pics of all of the journals.

Its not worth all of this headache to bicker back and forth over it. You should have considered splitting the block and changing the bearings either way. Putting a used block in as is without splitting it would be risky. I'd rather see the guts myself before running it in my car.

·
Registered
Impreza Brighton 2.2
8 Posts
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
None of you know him because he's on NASIOC. An honest tried and true motor builder, not some wanna be. I've built and sold maybe seven motors with him. There all still running and if there's a problem, he fixes it, he doesn't just, throw up his hands and say "oh, it was as is" he doesn't imply that something is going to work and then give you a shoddy answer saying, "I didn't know." He's actually one of the few that stands behind his work. We just sold a motor this past Sunday, word gets around they know his builds are good. Google:WRXNissanhardbody

What happened here is underpowered is straight up not telling the truth. Not now and not when he sold us the motor. He implied, that the motor was good, that he had worked on it.
"I Bored it out, was going to use it in my build, but my wife left me. I have to pay on her car. The valve springs were super tech valve springs with titanium retainers."

Here's the kicker, when we got it back to the garage that night and weighed the valve springs they weight the identical 84 grams as some know the stock valve springs weigh. We called him on that and underpowered lowered the price of the motor saying he didn't know that the other guy he bought it from told him they were super tech.

We didn't actually get around to cracking the case until a day ago. My dog died on the 17th so things got waylaid, but when we did finally get around to it we were both stunned. It was busted up. No way this guy doesn't know this and if he really didn't then he should be having a few words with the guy he bought it from.

Whether or not he pays up, is yet to be known. No worries though cause we got this, "cream always rises to the top."

·
Registered
Impreza Brighton 2.2
8 Posts
Personally. I would never have split a subaru block and not planned on replacing the bearings. They are known for spinning them and if I was going through all that trouble I would have just planned on it.

As you stated you saw the condition of the block prior to leaving with it. If I saw that it was full of cat hair and dirt my final offer would have been low enough that I could rebuild it. You say you have built 2 dozen motors so I am not sure why with your experience didnt just assume.
"Assume" what? That everything the guy told us was was made up to sell the motor?
Splitting a block on someone's bedroom floor seemed out of the question. I'd like to add that we mirror who we are. "A man's word shows his true character." I'm somewhat honest to a fault and have trouble spotting trouble especially when I assume a person is being "straight up" with me. In this case it was about getting as much money as he could out of this piece.
My brother is retired army, my father is retired air force. They could both sell you a rust bucket but they wouldn't disguise it as a premium car. They would tell you it was a rust bucket. When you use the words "as is" typically it comes with the truth in our house.
In the case of this motor, we thought he was being honest. We got played.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts