Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
As far as the noise is concerned, it had to be audible when whoever saw it. I know I heard it while I was back on break and voiced my concernes about it. The buyer should have turned away if they had any common knowledge of that noise, caveat emptor

Welcome to the used car buying world. You should have done research and realized that buying a swapped car isn't always going to be as cool as
When are people going to realize that we are not contesting the matter of the condition of the motor. We are argueing in his knowing or not knowing that it has a 2.0. People need to stop talking about the lifter tick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry for bringing this back from the dead but I figured I'd share my end of this story.

I currently own this car. I bought it off convoy shortly after he got it. It took a bit for me to get the title stuff worked out but it's legally my car. Indiana had very lax laws when it comes to titling something.

The engine is an N/A 2.0, from my best guess the EJ20E. It runs very well for what it is. It had some heavy lifter tick when I got it but I fixed that with a rocker set off a 2.2. I've put many miles on it and have never had it break down on me. If tdadd didn't know it wasn't an EJ20 he must have not looked at the motor too hard or is a bit blind because it has "EJ20" written in white paint pen on the belt cover.

I wish I knew what was going on with the computer system. It has an apexi vfac controller in it that does something important to keep running because it won't run without it.

The chassis feels super. It's at about 167k now and the suspension still feels great. The clutch might need to be swapped soon but that's mostly been me.

The body has ZERO rust. I mean none that I have found. It needs a paint job, a new bumper and some other random bits but all in all it's been a wonderful car for me. I just wish it was faster. There is a real power loss with that 2.0.

That's about all I have to say about it. Money well spent I'd say.

-Cory

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Sorry for bringing this back from the dead but I figured I'd share my end of this story.

I currently own this car. I bought it off convoy shortly after he got it. It took a bit for me to get the title stuff worked out but it's legally my car. Indiana had very lax laws when it comes to titling something.

The engine is an N/A 2.0, from my best guess the EJ20E. It runs very well for what it is. It had some heavy lifter tick when I got it but I fixed that with a rocker set off a 2.2. I've put many miles on it and have never had it break down on me. If tdadd didn't know it wasn't an EJ20 he must have not looked at the motor too hard or is a bit blind because it has "EJ20" written in white paint pen on the belt cover.

I wish I knew what was going on with the computer system. It has an apexi vfac controller in it that does something important to keep running because it won't run without it.

The chassis feels super. It's at about 167k now and the suspension still feels great. The clutch might need to be swapped soon but that's mostly been me.

The body has ZERO rust. I mean none that I have found. It needs a paint job, a new bumper and some other random bits but all in all it's been a wonderful car for me. I just wish it was faster. There is a real power loss with that 2.0.

That's about all I have to say about it. Money well spent I'd say.

-Cory
Glad to hear that everything workout out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Also, Tdadd if you happen to read this, I'd really like some more info about what is going on with the ecu in that car. I really want to work on it but I really don't want to tear into it not knowing what is going on. Any info would be super.

·
Registered
2000 STM RS
209 Posts
I'll pm you and let you know anything I can about the car swindle, glad its been reliable for you.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts