Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
'00 RS 205/221 '05 LGT 5EAT
239 Posts
Not to bash Tdadd, but I'm fairly sure he knew what motor it was during the sale. I bought my car off of him and another person a few months ago with the exact same engine, and in the add it was clearly listed as a 2.0L. When I went to check out the car, we were discussing with the actual person who built the car details of the engine, while Tdadd was present. I attribute no blame to Tdadd for any of the current problems with the engine, since he seemed to have little to no involvement in building the car, but I find it difficult to believe that he didn't know what motor it was considering that your car, Convoy, would be the second exact motor of this kind to have been swapped into another Impreza. So the chances of him having known that it was an EJ20E as opposed to a 2.5L is likely. Considering the multitude of problems I am having with my car, I would suggest to Convoy to sell his immediately or at least swap in something else.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
ill give it anyways because people should know....

well let me first start of by saying im matt and i look forward to my stay here..... i will make an intro thread when i pick up my first 2.5rs

basically heres what happened...

before..... ive been watching this car for awhile...as some of you might have seen im in the market for a 2.5rs and just waiting for a decent one to come long. i seen this thing on craigslist about 2 weeks ago for over 6k....im like theres no way in hell. well after doing some research i made my way here. i know subarus, evos, cobalts, camaros, etc etc etc very well and im a collision repair, custom fabricator(i build gauge pods and all that stuff). well moneys tight and that was the first thing that turned me off the car.... well after the craigslist add disappeared i seen the car show up here and on nasioc.... well i read it, seemed like a pretty ok deal for waht it was but 5k was still too high for a salvage title car but it was rust free aparantly...well HE TOLD ME it was a rust free with a 2,5 with 60k on it and had NO ISSUES WITH THE MOTOR....this means no lifter noise nothing. said it was beyond fabulous...said the hood was painted which its obviously not and had all these extra parts and we agreed on the price WITH the extra parts.

after.....i contacted the seller and put an offer in...boy was he trying to push this car on me fast. gave me all the info i wanted said he had to take stuff off to get the price down but i told him im not paying that much for a salvage title car...leave the parts you have on it and its not a bad price. the motor part slipped by me... SO i told him ill go to the bank tomorow get money...well he never called or anything to tell me the car was sold...came on here and just saw it...that pist me off...

even after.....well from the pics there were some fishy things i realized like the bent core support and stuff. basically convoy came and talked to me and wanted all the dirt on my deal gone bad. so i informed convoy about how i got walked on, and how he claimed that it has a replacement 2.5 and all this non sensse...he definatley DID NOT disclose the core support still being bent and if you look at his thread with the build pics you can see the core support is not bent there....makes me thing he hit something(that caused the cracked bumper) high enough to screw it up more.

so moral of the story the gave falsified info and wanted 6k+ when it was on craigslist.....oh forgot to add...HES FULL OF CRAP WHEN HE SAYS THAT HE DIDNT KNOW IT HAD AN EJ20. the craiglist add that was posted awhile back said that it had a replacement ej20 in it. i caught the add right before they took it down after he walked on the deal. hes just a punk kid that was trying to pawn off his problem car on someone and im sorry that convoy with his new born had to be the victim of it.

·
Registered
2000 STM RS
209 Posts
I'm not sure what we are doing here. We came to an agreement about this matter some time ago. if you need to put a title under my name, go ahead and do so. It will not change the way I view the site.

While were at it, the buyer actually "held my plates hostage" at his house, after the car had been purchased. He demanded me to sign a document stating that I return him the full amount of cash that he paid for the car if the car failed inspection (Normal salvage title process). I went to his house and finally agreed to give him $250 for my plates back, as it should have been enough to get the radiator support fixed. We signed the document stating that if the car failed inspection because of the support, he could use the $250 towards the cost of fixing. He is now selling the car, and will not answer my calls about getting my $250 back.

The buyer saw the radiator support bent in person when he checked the car out, and I even included a picture of it in my for sale thread.

EDIT: I even tried to help the guy out by calling him and telling him I would look out for buyers for the car. Guess generosity doesn't always go so far.

·
Registered
98 Impreza 3.4L Turbo
3,294 Posts
Tdadd & Convoy, just so it's clear I'm on neither of your sides. I don't know the details of the transaction nor is it my place to guess them. All I'm doing here is pointing out technical info that I know.

:corn:

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
Tdadd,

The bottom line here, DID you know the car had a 2.0 engine or not?
I also saw the Craigslist ad before it was pulled and it clearly said "2.0"

So, you either know nothing and thought you bought a 2.5 for the replacement like your members journal states. Or you sold it knowing it was a 2.0 engine in the car as the Craigslist ad stated.

Simple question, which is it?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
but also what you failed to mention tdadd the core support is bent...you didnt point it out you just posted the pic.... also i was told by convoy the 250 dollars was because of the motor was not correct.....none the less.....did you know it was an ej20 or did someone else post your car on craigslist with the details?

·
Registered
2000 STM RS
209 Posts
I absolutely thought the engine in that car was a 2.5L engine. In fact when he called me telling me he thought it was a 2.0, I was surprised.

If he told you that $250 was for the motor, he was clearly lying. I have 2 other witnesses that were in a car with me that heard the whole conversation. I also have the document stating it was for the inspection. Would you like me to take a picture of the document with his signature? That way, we can clearly see that he is lying.

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
And how do you explain the 'mis-information' on the Craigslist ad?

A typo??? It clearly said 2.0.

I am out from here, it's on the rest of the mod staff at this point... I think the whole sale from the original placing of the ad stunk. So my bias is now exposed!

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I absolutely thought the engine in that car was a 2.5L engine. In fact when he called me telling me he thought it was a 2.0, I was surprised.

If he told you that $250 was for the motor, he was clearly lying. I have 2 other witnesses that were in a car with me that heard the whole conversation. I also have the document stating it was for the inspection. Would you like me to take a picture of the document with his signature? That way, we can clearly see that he is lying.
who posted the craigslist add? it clearly stated ej20 then your add here said ej25.

im not worried about what happened between you and him..... the fact you told me....the motor has no issues, its a 2.5, you mentioned the salvage title but did not mention in yuor add it had a bent core support(i knew without your telling me) is bs.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
And how do you explain the 'mis-information' on the Craigslist ad?

A typo??? It clearly said 2.0.

I am out from here, it's on the rest of the mod staff at this point... I think the whole sale from the original placing of the ad stunk. So my bias is now exposed!
this...

·
Registered
99 GM8
5,801 Posts

Then why did you write that the motor was a 2.0 in your craigslist posting if you were so "surprised?"

I feel sorry for you convoy, but I think it is time to file a suit in small claims court and move on.

·
Registered
2009 Legacy GT
513 Posts
Bummer I called this guy out on NASIOC for trying to sell "borlas" for and outrageous price that came from a RS! This must have been that RS. If the car was like those headers then im not surprised you got shafted, he seemed shady.

·
Registered
1998 OBS and 1997 LGT
86 Posts
As far as the core support goes, Tdadd had that picture he posted in here also posted on his for sale thread in which you can clearly see the support is bent. Also, the buyer should have been able to see that the radiator support was bent when he saw the car in person and also should have been looking for signs of damage since Tdadd stated the car was in an accident. Convoy did you thoroughly look the car over when you went to look at it? It sounds like you didn't to me and I don't see how you have the right to hold someone elses plates hostage and demand your full money back. You knew the car was damaged (or should have known after looking at it), and Tdadd seemed to get it inspected just fine.

The problem I have is with the shady 2.0 and 2.5 deal... Sounds like so some questions regarding the CL ad need to be addressed.

This is why i think both sides were shady on this one. You guys need to cut your losses and move on.

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,235 Posts
The rad support and the ticking valve train are both red-herrings.
That have zero impact on this sale because it's a used car and both of those items were visible/audible at the time of purchase.

The ONLY thing that matters is any intentional deceit of the motor size.

But, here is the biggest catch of all!!
Caviot Emptor!! Yeah, it sucks, but it's the way it goes when buying a used car.
Which is why this thread exists, it's a means for the buyer to at least try and get "some" justice. How much justice is warranted still remains to be seen.

The thing is, there are 3 sides to every story.
Your side, their side, and the truth!
I don't think we'll ever have a good grasp on all three.

As it currently sits, I'm not inclined to side with either party in this case.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
the only thing im in this thread for is because I was the original buyer and got walked on without a notification and if I didn't check here I wouuld have took out money....none the less he stated on craiglist it was a 2.0 ej20.....the motor ticking I can't say anything about because if I heard that when I walked up to the car I would have declined buyer immidietly.....as far as the core support goes sure it was pictured but pictured to show the engine bay not the core support....a good eye would spot it....but if you look at his pervious pics the core support wasent bent in his journal and no bumper damage on top either....he replaced the parts due to the pervious owner so they were newish....makes me think he got hit or hit someone and failed to discllose it. Original pics on a trailer show that it looked like more od a hit in the fender bumper area not smack dab in the middle

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
MY16 Impreza Sport Limited
4,773 Posts
i find this thread to be useless and stupid. It's 2 on 1. According to y'all the craigslist post was before he got the engine swapped out. So it WAS from his knowledge a ej20, then he was certain he got a ej25 for replacement, but not knowing it was a ej20. So then convoy bought the used car expecting it to be brand new condition...:wtf: then got mad bc he found shit wrong with it...its a used car, your expectations are too high....didn't want to pay to fix the crap so he and his friend are now filing an imaginary claim on a message board to warn people about a misinformed person..?

So I guess convoy should have done more research, checked out the car fully before purchase and probably shouldn't have gone after a surgery. But then again its the sellers fault because i mean people don't make mistakes. those don't actually exist. C'mon now are we really this bored? :unamused:

I don't doubt any opinions nor judgement calls nor any actions by the mod team NW know that I have the upmost respect for you guys.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
the only thing im in this thread for is because I was the original buyer and got walked on without a notification and if I didn't check here I wouuld have took out money....none the less he stated on craiglist it was a 2.0 ej20.....the motor ticking I can't say anything about because if I heard that when I walked up to the car I would have declined buyer immidietly.....as far as the core support goes sure it was pictured but pictured to show the engine bay not the core support....a good eye would spot it....but if you look at his pervious pics the core support wasent bent in his journal and no bumper damage on top either....he replaced the parts due to the pervious owner so they were newish....makes me think he got hit or hit someone and failed to discllose it. Original pics on a trailer show that it looked like more od a hit in the fender bumper area not smack dab in the middle
I know you are hurt that the guy didnt call you when he sold the car but such is life. It has happened to most of us. Money talks bullshit walks. I have held cars for people and 8-10 times hey never come back. You have to see where the seller is coming from. You also just stated you would have never bought the car because of the tick so be happy dont get so butt hurt about it

To Convoy: The rad support is obvious from the pics and you should have seen it when you looked at the car. AND it has a salvage title! You also heard the tick when you bought it right? The only thing you have to bitch about is that it is a 2.0l. Next time do a little research before you buy a car and look at what motor is supposed to be in there. (dohc vs sohc??). I was on your side until I looked at the NASIOC thread and saw what a dick you were. You guys all deserve what you get. (well the seller deserves some thing more )

To Tdadd: dude you swapped the motor yourself and didn't notice it looked nothing like what you took out?? You then post on CL it has a 2l then try to back track here? You are definitely trying to pull one over here.

*excuse any typos I am running out the door and had to put my 2 cents in

41 - 60 of 91 Posts