Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
1993 Impreza wagon AWD
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a suspension from him a few months ago, and I have not received it. He stopped going to RS25 and NASIOC after I kept sending him messages. I have his address in Longs, SC, and I'll be pursuing legal action against him and all parties involved.

I don't know where he has been on these sites, but I thought it was time to post something about it.

· Registered
1993 Impreza wagon AWD
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He doesn't pick up his phone, I filed a police report here and just got it transferred to their police department. I filed a complaint with USPS for mail fraud, and the last step is to garnish wages which could end up being a lot more expensive for them than just $300.

I know more about this person and his equally deceptive girlfriend than I'd care to know. This whole situation really upsets me.

· Registered
2017 STi
14,451 Posts
Just sent him a letter from my lawyer last week. There will be hell to pay. I'd recommend he contact me.
Damn man! I hope this works out for you and this dude gets what he deserves. Don't mess with someone from the steel city :bitehard:

I finally got to use the bite hard face lol.

· Registered
1993 Impreza wagon AWD
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE:

This guy might be the biggest slimeball ever. This guy racked up a bunch of debt under his girlfriend's name -- the mother of his daughter -- and bailed on her a few months ago. I just got off the phone with her lawyer yesterday, and she offered to send the parts, but I insisted I didn't want them anymore; I just wanted my $300 back. Apparently, he gave to her, but that's it.

She's racked in debt, owing me $300 now because it was she who endorsed the check for him, he never sent the parts that I ordered in May, and now I'm going to get a call from her lawyer on Monday. This could get gruesome. Really, really gruesome -- for her, that is.

· Registered
1993 Impreza wagon AWD
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The FTC has a law (thank you, my lawyer) that states that they have eight weeks to comply (we're way past that now) and the penalty could be up to 10 years in Federal prison.

I don't think I'm going to use that card yet, but I will get a settlement out of this ASAP, I hope, even if she has to make payments.

· Registered
1993 Impreza wagon AWD
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I can direct anyone who wants it to a nice GR2/Eibach suspension to help her pay me back, but I won't accept it because it could be in any kind of condition now. Who knows? Maybe he took a hammer to it before he took it off his car. She wouldn't know the difference.

· Registered
260 Posts
he is a slimeball, no class, no integrity. i traded wheels with him and luckily i received them, but it left an awful taste in my mouth. i didn't think he'd out and out steal from someone, otherwise i would have posted about him months ago. i'm sorry for the headache.

· Registered
1993 Impreza wagon AWD
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm thinking about asking her lawyer for all of the information she can give me about him, even though I'm no longer dealing with him so I can make his life hell.

My roommate said that when people used to do things like this on the E30 forums, they'd just post the person's phone number and address online to have people mess with the crook 24 hours a day.

I have his phone number, but he won't pick up anymore, even though it's still his. I also have his old address (her current address), but I wouldn't give that out because she doesn't deserve that kind of shit. I actually feel bad for her with the exception that she shouldn't have been this stupid to let her baby daddy violate her finances like this.

· Registered
FX45, 2008
1,678 Posts
Scammers tend to get shakey when you post up personal info, 'specially if they use others to get their stuff like moms, girlfriends, family, ect... I am helping a guy out on nasioc with a similar situation... Just so happens he got scammed by a san antonio suby - Not cool - he was using mommys pay pal, so I shot an email to mommy explaining everything and suddenly, he complies. Good luck with your situation man!

· Registered
1999, OBS, Green, EJ22
379 Posts
Scammers tend to get shakey when you post up personal info, 'specially if they use others to get their stuff like moms, girlfriends, family, ect... I am helping a guy out on nasioc with a similar situation... Just so happens he got scammed by a san antonio suby - Not cool - he was using mommys pay pal, so I shot an email to mommy explaining everything and suddenly, he complies. Good luck with your situation man!

Ah, the beauty of the internet. I've had one bad deal on eBay out of a stack of buys, and of course it was my single biggest eBay purchase. Dude sent me a small box of parts that I did not order that were worthless to me and probably worth 1/4 what I paid him. Told me "Well, the shippers switched the shipping lables by mistake, the other guy won't return the box, it was the shipping company's mistake, so not my problem."

I did an afternoon of research, talked to the shipper, who said it is against their policy to put labels on boxes, called the dude's sweet grandmother after getting her number online and got his home phone number from her (all I had was his cell), also called his sister and got his apartment mailing address (he had used his parents' address for me to send the payment), and I got the names of his racing sponsors for bike racing he did. I called the guy and said he had a week to have a full refund in my mailbox or I was publishing a web site about him that detailed all the lies he had been caught in for the transaction and how he'd tried to scam me, and I was e-mailing his sponsors and team coach the link to the web site and asking them if this is the kind of person they wanted representing their companies. The check was in my box in a few days.

Maybe not a whole bunch, but the internet has empowered consumers in some ways in that we can communicate bad experiences more easily. I was going to buy a digital camera from an online store until I found a list of threads on various message boards of people sharing how crappy the business was and the headaches caused.

· Registered
2017 STi
14,451 Posts

Very true. I saw this same exact thread over on NASIOC just a couple of days ago. This guy (Shookone) was scamming people for a hoodscoop. He posted it up on a couple of different forums and scammed a couple people. Somebody posted up his License plate number and info on his mother's paypal that he was using. Right after it was posted this slime ball told 2 of the guys to pm him and his and he would respond this time. Personal info went up and his exact words were "PM me and I will respond". I asked for and update and he responded that it was being taken care of. What is your sn over there URMOMHASVTEC?

· Registered
1993 Impreza wagon AWD
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So shall I ask for his personal info and end his career as an auto mechanic yet? No one will hire a mechanic who breaks the law with car parts. I can (and should) make this guy's life miserable.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.