Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
99 Black RS
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long story short: I sent money, he was suppose to send part.
At first he sent me PM saying he was busy with work, understandable.
No response to my PMs after that and he has been online.
Made the mistake of sending payment as "gift" because I thought
he would ship it... Nope

Hope it clears up sooner or later. Definitely not in the position to be wasting
my money.

Thread to the part: http://www.rs25.com/forums/f177/t191043-gates-racing-2-5-phase-2-timing-belt-kit.html

Update: He sent me the tracking number today. Hopefully will receive the part soon

New Update: Item was received, but not the part that was listed.
Not NightOwl's fault, but hope to have everything resolved soon.

Latest Update: Everything is pretty much resolved. Parts was wrong, but wasn't NightOwl's fault.
This can be closed

·
Registered
02' WRX
199 Posts
oh man and I was thinking about buying that off him too... hope everything works out, and it's just simple communication errors than an actual scam.

·
Registered
99 Black RS
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The matter is hopefully being resolved right now.

·
aka arangov3
Do noffin Foz
2,802 Posts
Can people stop sending payment as gifts it isn't worth it normally payment fees are under 5 dollars

·
Registered
99 Black RS
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seller gave tracking number today. Hopefully will see the part soon.

·
Registered
99 Black RS
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can people stop sending payment as gifts it isn't worth it normally payment fees are under 5 dollars
Yeah that was my mistake. I usually do it under the "goods" but for some reason I didnt this time. The matter is almost resolved at the moment.

·
aka arangov3
Do noffin Foz
2,802 Posts
glad to hear that hope he comments on his thread so he can clear things up so this won't reflect negatively when he sales something in the future

·
Registered
98 SF-Toaster
434 Posts
Glad you got the tracking number.
2 weeks is quite a bit to get something shipped out, but do understand accidents and life happens.

Regardless wow you got a steal for that kit.

·
Registered
99 Black RS
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Two weeks is fine if there's some issues like work, which I understood. Not responding to PMs when you've been online is what really worries me.

·
aka arangov3
Do noffin Foz
2,802 Posts
I don't care if I am send payment to someone like nightowl or someone who I can clearly trust like JDM Gary I will pay the fees thats fine it will give me 45 days to file a claim just in case

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
yep, I only gift money to people on here I've met in person/know where they live ;) or have purchased shit in the past from.

·
Hakuna Matata
1998 Rs that needs boost.
50 Posts
If there was a way to check how long I had been online, you would have seen that was was on for about 30 seconds. I was not trying to be dishonest and I apologize. There was no need to make a thread about it man.

·
Registered
99 Black RS
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If there was a way to check how long I had been online, you would have seen that was was on for about 30 seconds. I was not trying to be dishonest and I apologize. There was no need to make a thread about it man.
It was a thread to have buyers beware, not a stay away thread.
It was also suggested by a mod and a few other users.
And as for an update: I received the item, but it wasn't the item as described in the thread. The timing belt kit was for a DOHC engine, but was listed as SOHC.
Not NightOwl's fault as he explained everything.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts