Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
1999, 2.5RS, Blue
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, thank you for coming to see all these BS that's happened to me.
I am a Taiwanese who used to live in Seattle and bought a new 99' RS back then.
When I finished my study, I came back to TW with my RS. I've wanted to turbo my RS for as long as I own it and a chance came in about 4 month ago.
A guy called "loser1682" posted a incomplete turbo kit for sell. We had a deal that I would take the kit off his hand and also pay for the shipping to Taiwan. And then the nightmare began~~
After 4 months waiting; paid him twice for shipping cost, and numerous pms back and forth, I still don't see my turbo kit.
The reason I start this threat is just to let people know what he did, and maybe come up with a way to resolve this BS.
Anyway, to see is to believe. Below is the PMs. Take a look and you'll see~

================================================================================
To : mango
Date : 2008-04-08 08:28
Title : Re: WTB turbo kit~
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
paypal

[email protected]

please include 3% paypal fees

Thank!!!!!!

Curt

mango said:
Hi,
I'm interested in buying your turbo kit. Is it $750 shipped? How do I pay you?

Ming-Hua
================================================================================
Date : 2008-04-08 09:08
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fedex is about $300 .... I'll do it if you pay.

Thanks

Curt
mango said:
Hi,
I can't belive that I'm the lucky guy to get your kit! there were at least 70 reads before me!
But the thing is I moved back to Taiwan with my RS, and I don't think you'd accept $750 shipped to Taiwan. So, please give me a new price of the kit that includes shipping to me in Taiwan. I'll transfer the money via paypal as soon as possible.
And one more thing, can you still post the pictures of the rest of the kit? Thanks~
Date : 2008-04-08 09:08

Thanks

Curt
mango said:
Hi,
I can't belive that I'm the lucky guy to get your kit! there were at least 70 reads before me!
But the thing is I moved back to Taiwan with my RS, and I don't think you'd accept $750 shipped to Taiwan. So, please give me a new price of the kit that includes shipping to me in Taiwan. I'll transfer the money via paypal as soon as possible.
And one more thing, can you still post the pictures of the rest of the kit? Thanks~
Date : 2008-04-08 09:54
I looked into that as well, I don't have access to pallets....... well I did guesstimate the weight at 50 lbs, I could be wrong.... I'll do an actuall weighing tonight. Thanks

Curt

mango said:
loser1682 said:

Thanks

Curt
WOW! $300 shipping is quite a bit over my budget!
I only have $1000 budget... Or if you can find a cheaper way to ship it, say by freight? Time is not an issue. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this kit!! Please help me!

Ming-Hua
Date : 2008-04-08 16:38
You wern't kidding ups freight is significantly cheaper, it will be $165 to ship it, so that make your totall bill $945 shipped with 3% paypal fees included! LMK if you still want this! Thanks allot

Curt

mango said:
loser1682 said:
I looked into that as well, I don't have access to pallets....... well I did guesstimate the weight at 50 lbs, I could be wrong.... I'll do an actuall weighing tonight. Thanks

Curt
Thank you so much. looking forward to your reply tomorrow.

Ming-Hua
Date : 2008-04-08 19:15
Alright, wire it to me directly! My
The Total is $917 shipped. Thanks

mango said:
loser1682 said:
You wern't kidding ups freight is significantly cheaper, it will be $165 to ship it, so that make your totall bill $945 shipped with 3% paypal fees included! LMK if you still want this! Thanks allot

Curt
UPS it is, then! One last thing. It'll take a few days for you to get the money because I need to wire the money to my bank account in the US which will take about 2 days. And then transfer the money from my bank account to paypal account which will take about 3 days. And then I can send you the money via paypal. But if you just give me your bank account number, I can wire you the money directly. Faster and save me 3% to paypal other than wiring fee to the bank! Your choice. I'll wire the money as soon as you decide.

Ming-Hua
Date : 2008-04-08 20:08
Sure Ming-Hua ! Anything for a fellow RS'er. I got a question for you, what are the emission standards like in Taiwan, are Cats required ? I am very curious!

Curt

mango said:
loser1682 said:
Alright, wire it to me directly! My
The Total is $917 shipped. Thanks
Got it~
I'll wire you the money 1st thing this afternoon. You can start packing them now!
Oh, do you mind me asking you some questions while bolting on the kit? You seem very knowledgable, and I'm new to the turbo field.

Ming-Hua
Date : 2008-04-08 20:51
lol! wow! Just Wow!!!! That is awesome!
So Your looking at 260 to 285 Hp, on 6psi. You'll keep up with STi's and modded wrx's .

Thanks

Curt
mango said:
loser1682 said:
Sure Ming-Hua ! Anything for a fellow RS'er. I got a question for you, what are the emission standards like in Taiwan, are Cats required ? I am very curious!

Curt
Emission standerds in Taiwan? It's a joke....
We have the highest emission standards in the world for the cars new to the market or personal import cars(new or used). It's so hard that almost no new cars can pass it if you just send a brand new car in without doing anything to it first. This is a one time emission control made for factories, dealers, and personal importers. So the common way to try and pass it is to made a specialize new model for the test only, and then sell a full feature same model afterwards. After you buy the car, there's a regular emission control for you that's close to CA emission control. BUT unlike the other one, this one can be taken care of with $$. Not to bribe the officer, but to hire a technician to tweak the car the way officers want to see. usually you don't have to pay too much to pass, say about $30! Cats are required here, but the officers are too lazy to check under the car. So if your car passes the smog without a cat, you pass. My car passes without a cat. ;)

Hey, I'm also curious about the HP after this kit. can you give me a ballpark? My RS is currently running about 190HP/27kgm.
Ming-Hua
Date : 2008-04-08 21:36
Really, I was going to make cams my summer project at the same time I start pulling out my porsche engine. I figured I would pull both my engines. Will you still have them available in the summer, say june? And Those Spicy cams work very well with a turbo'd rs, you might want to keep them and install them, allowing you to have max horse power! lol!

mango said:
loser1682 said:
lol! wow! Just Wow!!!! That is awesome!
So Your looking at 260 to 285 Hp, on 6psi. You'll keep up with STi's and modded wrx's .

Thanks

Curt
260-285HP @ just 6psi?! Wow, that's quite a jump! Keep up with STis.....umm, me like~~
I have THE only impreza COUPE in Taiwan, so most of my impreza friends want me to 22B-lize my RS. But after spent all my money on moving and shipping back everything I own including my RS to Taiwan, I really don't have much money left to mod my RS in a few years. But I thought I could do something NA to it by myself since my friend owns a car shop. So I PnP'd the heads, decked the heads a little, enhanced all the electrical parts and hand made the exhaust system. saved up a little bit and bought a E-manage Ultimate. Even though I'm still NA, I don't wanna let my friends' Imprezas pull away too much from me!
Oh, by the way, I have a set of COBB "spicy" cam hanging around unused. Since you're staying NA, thought you might be interested!

Ming-Hua
Date : 2008-04-09 01:25
Cool! A friend of mine turbo'd his rs with the spicy cams, and had great results. Just checking though, did you wire the money yet? Thanks

Curt

mango said:
loser1682 said:
Really, I was going to make cams my summer project at the same time I start pulling out my porsche engine. I figured I would pull both my engines. Will you still have them available in the summer, say june? And Those Spicy cams work very well with a turbo'd rs, you might want to keep them and install them, allowing you to have max horse power! lol!
June? They might still be laying around in my old heads. Not many people here want to build a NA impreza since there are so many turbo ones nowadays. And also EJ25NA equipped cars sold here are Foresters only. People who drive Foresters generally aren't HP hungry as imprezaers. But the shipping of those cams back to US is going to be a little expensive, though..... According to COBB, the "spicy" cams aren't suitable for turbo application. The overlap duration is too long. And the reason I don't use them is that I hate lumpy idle.... It's not really that bad, but I'm picky... Besides that, these cams work very well! my RS pulls a lot harder w/ these cams from mid to high rev. There's also the Delta cams you can look into. much cheaper! but I still like my "spice' cams better for NA application.

Ming-Hua
Date : 2008-04-09 09:53
I called, they don't have one...... can you use a Western UNION?

mango said:
loser1682 said:
Cool! A friend of mine turbo'd his rs with the spicy cams, and had great results. Just checking though, did you wire the money yet? Thanks

Curt
Hi,
My bank told me to get your bank's "swif code".
I don't know what that is, and couldn't find it on your bank's web site.
Is it possible that you could get me the "swif code" of your bank?
Or do you have another bank account? Sorry to have you do this and wait for the money....

Ming-Hua
Date : 2008-04-09 19:42
Swift code = xxxx
Type of account: CHECKING
My bank is: xxxx

Bank Routing Number: xxxx
Account Number: xxxx

This should work!!! I forgot I had a wamu account! Thanks!!

Curt

mango said:
loser1682 said:
I called, they don't have one...... can you use a Western UNION?
Whatever bank has that "SWIF Code" will do!
Just give me the info of that bank, your account number, and the "SWIF Code", and I'll wire the money tomorrow morning~
it's almost 11pm here....No bank is open, or I'd do it now!

Ming-Hua
Date : 2008-04-09 20:04
You might, If you don't want to risk it, you might want to look into getting some wrx blue injectors. Otherwise I have read that 6 psi is fine for our injectors if you use the right rrfpr ratio, about 6:1 is good for stock injectors, and 4:1 is good for wrx blues at 6 psi.

mango said:
loser1682 said:
Swift code = xxxx
Type of account: CHECKING

Bank Routing Number: xxxx
Account Number: xxxx

This should work!!! I forgot I had a wamu account! Thanks!!

Curt
OK! Got that. I have a meeting this morning. After the meeting, I'll head straight to the bank and finish it off.
And I did a little research last night. Do I need larger injectors? Will my stock injector max out at 6psi? I believe the stock RS injector is 280cc./min.

Ming-Hua
Date : 2008-04-10 23:14
I got the payment at about Noon CST today! The kit is going out on Monday to you! LMK your full address so I have it right! Thank you for taking it off my hands! I know it will work wonders for your set up!
Thanks again!

Curt

mango said:
Please let me know when you receive the money.
Thanks.

Ming-Hua
Date : 2008-04-22 15:58
Hey,

Were having some issues with the shipping!!!! I have to be a business to ship loose item pallet!!!! So I am trying to sort these things out!!!!! I am pulling my hair out!!!!!!!!
let me know if you can come up with a different idea, I am almost running out of them.....

Thanks for your patience,
Curt
mango said:
loser1682 said:
I got the payment at about Noon CST today! The kit is going out on Monday to you! LMK your full address so I have it right! Thank you for taking it off my hands! I know it will work wonders for your set up!
Thanks again!

Curt
Below is my mailing info:

xxxxx

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thank you for built up this kit and decided to stay NA, so I ca have this wonderful kit!
I'll let you know how it turns out. In the mean time, I might shoot you some PMs while installing this kit if I have any question.
Thank you again! Looking forward to install this kit!

Ming-Hua
Date : 2008-04-22 16:04
After many days of debating with UPS, and arguing and them going over my products, they turned me down. I am looking into Fedex for shipping, I know it will cost more, but to be honest I have the $169 you gave me for shipping, so if the cost is above that I will work out something with you. Thanks

Curt

mango said:
loser1682 said:
Thanks again!

Curt

xxxx

Thank you for built up this kit and decided to stay NA, so I ca have this wonderful kit!
I'll let you know how it turns out. In the mean time, I might shoot you some PMs while installing this kit if I have any question.

Ming-Hua

· Registered
1999, 2.5RS, Blue
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Date : 2008-04-22 16:21
Title : FEDEX!! Rules!!!
So I called fedex and went over how to ship international!! And they make it so easy, The Cost will be $450 to ship it after all is said and done, so If you could send me $280, and I will get it out to you via the wonderful FEDEX!!

mango said:
loser1682 said:
Thanks again!

Curt

xxxx

Ming-Hua
Date : 2008-04-29 21:42
Title : Re: FEDEX!! Rules!!!
Hey man sorry for not responding, but I had a funeral today..... I had a huge test yesterday at school, so I was swamped.... But It is going out this coming monday ( sorry but it's the only open day I have...... I am really sorry) I got the money on monday, So Fedex is the carrier and monday is the day. I am sorry for the delay in response, but stress and school are catching up. Thanks for understanding.

Curt

mango said:
loser1682 said:
So I called fedex and went over how to ship international!! And they make it so easy, The Cost will be $450 to ship it after all is said and done, so If you could send me $280, and I will get it out to you via the wonderful FEDEX!!
Come on, man. You gotta at least let me know what's going on over there! Have you gotten the money? Have you shipped the items out, yet? Can't just keep me hanging here knnowing nothing!
Date : 2008-05-13 12:30
Hey Ming-Hua!
Sorry for the delay in the response, I got finals this past week! ( almost over :) ) Well, the ETA from Fedex is ( and I am sorry about this) 2 - 4 weeks....... The total bill was close to $500, so I ate the difference, this is the last time I ship internationally.... :(

Thanks for your patience!
Curt

mango said:
loser1682 said:
Hey man sorry for not responding, but I had a funeral today..... I had a huge test yesterday at school, so I was swamped.... But It is going out this coming monday ( sorry but it's the only open day I have...... I am really sorry) I got the money on monday, So Fedex is the carrier and monday is the day. I am sorry for the delay in response, but stress and school are catching up. Thanks for understanding.

Curt
Hey~
Did you send them out? Do you have a ETA from FEDEX? I know they'll take a while to get here since it's international shipping, but it's been more than a week... From the shipping charge I paid, I take that it's via air, right? Anyway, just want to know they are coming to me soon!

Ming-Hua
Date : 2008-05-13 19:54
Thanks for being patient!! Yeah, I just finished my last one! Thank god! Well, I guess this was a lessoned learned! lol..

Curt

mango said:
loser1682 said:
Hey Ming-Hua!
Sorry for the delay in the response, I got finals this past week! ( almost over :) ) Well, the ETA from Fedex is ( and I am sorry about this) 2 - 4 weeks....... The total bill was close to $500, so I ate the difference, this is the last time I ship internationally.... :(

Thanks for your patience!
Curt
Hi,
2-4weeks?! WOW~ Paid this much and still have to wait this long....This is my last time to buy internationally, too.....Anyway, I'll just have to be patient and wait for it to come.
Good luck with your finals. This reminds me those days of me studying in Seattle University! Tough, but fun!

Ming-Hua

The RS Club;http://www.rs25.com/forums
Private Message Dump for User mango; 08-10-2008 07:39 PM -->

################################################################################
Folder : Sent Items
################################################################################

To : loser1682
Date : 2008-06-03 03:54
Title : turbo kit!
Hi,
It's officially over a month from the day you shipped the kit. There's still no sign of the kit showing up!! Where is it? I wonder if you have a tracking number? I heard it's quite easy to lose a international package?! I'm worried.....

Ming-Hua

Date : 2008-06-06 08:42
Title : Re: turbo kit!
loser1682 said:
Hey Mango,
Well, there is no tracking number..... I spent allot of money on shipping, So I know what you mean by saying your worried.........
There goes another week, and the kit is still nowhere to be found.....
My friend is kidding that the kit is down somewhere with the Titanic....
Well, I guess I'll just have to wait for some more days. But if possible, could you try asking Fedex to track it?

Ming-Hua

Date : 2008-06-12 22:20
loser1682 said:
Already on top of that! I'll let you know soon!

Curt

Anything yet?

Ming-Hua

Date : 2008-06-17 20:45
loser1682 said:

Curt

Still nothing, yet?
I seriously doubt that it needs this long to get here even by sea! There's got to be some ways to find out where it is now. Is there any thing on the paper Fedex gave you that maybe I could use to track from here? I'm getting ooxx now....

Ming-Hua

Date : 2008-06-25 01:18
loser1682 said:

Curt
Hey! I still don't see my turbo kit! Where is it? where are you? I'd like to see the paper that Fedex gave you when you shipped the kit. I paid you a lot of money and I expect to see what I paid for!

Ming-Hua

Date : 2008-07-03 09:06
loser1682 said:
I know man, I understand your Pain ! I paid a shit ton for shipping...... Fedex can't do shit! Since I didn't purchase the tracking, currently I am SOL with info, and as for seeing the papers, I don't have a scanner..... I see if I can use my friends.... Sorry for taking a long time to respond....
Hey!
So~ How's the paper scanning coming? You can use a DC to take a picture if you have one. As long as the words on the paper are readable, I'm fine with it!

Ming-Hua

Date : 2008-07-09 19:40
loser1682 said:
I know man, I understand your Pain ! I paid a shit ton for shipping...... Fedex can't do shit! Since I didn't purchase the tracking, currently I am SOL with info, and as for seeing the papers, I don't have a scanner..... I see if I can use my friends.... Sorry for taking a long time to respond....

mango said:
loser1682 said:

Curt
Hey! I still don't see my turbo kit! Where is it? where are you? I'd like to see the paper that Fedex gave you when you shipped the kit. I paid you a lot of money and I expect to see what I paid for!

Ming-Hua
I hate to say this, but I still don't see my turbo kit. It's been more than 2 months now since you said you shipped the kit. This makes me wonder if you really shipped it. I need proof. Where is the paper you promise to show?

Date : 2008-07-14 19:32
loser1682 said:
Where are you? where is my turbo kit? Where is that paper?
I know you come to the site often and see my pm. Before I get the turbo kit, you are still responsible for this purchase. If I don't see either the turbo kit or the paper soon, I'm gonna have to ask you to return my money.

Date : 2008-07-20 21:12
Title : Give me back my money!!
Hey,
It's Monday again. I'm tired of waiting for the kit that's not likely to come. I trusted in you!! If you can prove that you shipped the kit, prove it soon. And then I'll keep waiting. Otherwise, I'd like my money back. I've got your info. Law is not the way I want to go.........yet. Looking forward to your reply!

Ming-Hua

Date : 2008-07-22 20:29
Title : What's it gonna be?
So~ What's it gonna be?
Proof of the shipment or return my money?
Here is my Paypal account: [email protected]
I'll give you a week to do whatever you need to do.
Ship the kit? Find the paper and send me a scan? Or return the money to my paypal account.
You have until next Wednesday or I'll have to do what I have to do to ensure my right.
I am still all ears if you have anything to say.

Ming-Hua

Date : 2008-07-23 09:35
Title : Re: What's it gonna be?
loser1682 said:
Hey,
I am sorry about all this hullabaloo! Really, I am. But I did send it! and I cannot prove it otherwise! My friend is letting me borrow his camera Friday! So I will have the pics sent to you hopefully by Saturday morning at the latest! Sorry about the wait, I have been out of town as well! :( I really do feel bad about all this shit that has gone down..... Thanks

Curt
Now that's a good reply!
I bet you'd be more ooxx if you were me in this situation.
Anyway, if you can show me that paper, I might be able to find out what's wrong.
I just want to end this shit as soon as possible.
So....This Saturday, you said. I'll be waiting~

Ming-Hua

Date : 2008-07-28 05:15
Title : Where is the pic you promised?
Where is the pic you promised?
if you don't know how to post a pic here, send it to my email as an attached file.
[email protected]

Ming-Hua

Date : 2008-07-29 19:59
Title : That's it!! I am pissed! last warning~
You've gone into hiding again. What you're doing is very irresponsible!! You sent me a pm with a empty promise. And then I wait for a few day. Now it's been almost 4 months and I still don't see my kit! One simple thing you could do to prove your innocence, and you blew it! I bought a pair of kyb struts from another fellow RSer 2 weeks from I paid you, and his struts came in in just 2 weeks later! The shipping info I gave him was copied from the info I gave you! His struts showed up! Why not your turbo kit? There is only one explanation that you screw up somehow!
$1000 might not be a big pile of money, but I just HATE to be played like this!! So~~ I'm taking my family to Japan for 5 days. After this if I don't see either that pic of proof or my money back in my paypal account, you'll be facing a public judgment from this site and sued by me. I don't want to see anymore excuses. This is you last warning!

Ming-Hua Chang

Date : 2008-08-04 08:33
Title : Re: That's it!! I am pissed! last warning~
Words mean nothing! I want proof!
You had 5 more days, and yet, you did nothing but these words.
Obviously you weren't trying hard enough.
With that paper, I could trace the parts' location if you sent it.
Are you afraid of me finding out that you didn't sent it?
Even if you had actually mailed me that paper, it would had gotten here already instead of a scan or a DC pic.
Is it really that hard just to sent me a scan or a DC pic of that paper?
Are you REALLY trying to solve this problem instead of just saying that you don't want it to be like this?
DO I WANT THIS? I AM the one who paid you money and not getting the parts!!
So.......I want that paper. Make it happen! and quick~

loser1682 said:
Wow, I know it seems like I ma playing you, believe me, I didn't want it to be like this! I don't have the parts anymore! I sent them to you, and they should of got there! Listen I don't want to it to be like this, what I can do is give you half just because this is complete shit what we have gone through! It seems like I haven't been doing anything, but I have.... So I don't know what else can we do? Let me know if this will help? Thanks! And I apologize completely, and wholeheartedly! :)

Much apologies,
Curt

mango said:
You've gone into hiding again. What you're doing is very irresponsible!! You sent me a pm with a empty promise. And then I wait for a few day. Now it's been almost 4 months and I still don't see my kit! One simple thing you could do to prove your innocence, and you blew it! I bought a pair of kyb struts from another fellow RSer 2 weeks from I paid you, and his struts came in in just 2 weeks later! The shipping info I gave him was copied from the info I gave you! His struts showed up! Why not your turbo kit? There is only one explanation that you screw up somehow!
$1000 might not be a big pile of money, but I just HATE to be played like this!! So~~ I'm taking my family to Japan for 5 days. After this if I don't see either that pic of proof or my money back in my paypal account, you'll be facing a public judgment from this site and sued by me. I don't want to see anymore excuses. This is you last warning!

Ming-Hua Chang
Date : 2008-08-04 19:34
Title : Re: Email
loser1682 said:
Whats your email address for the pic of the receipt. Thanks for you understanding, and I am sorry about all this snafu!

Sincerely,
Curt

[email protected]

Date : 2008-08-06 19:45
Title : Re: That's it!! I am pissed! last warning~
Well....Just how long you want to keep me waiting?
Do I always have to set you a dead line so you would start moving?
If so, I wanna see it in the next pm or in my mail box by Saturday.
You know the longer you keep me waiting, the harder it could be for me to find it.
You will still be responsible if I couldn't find it!

loser1682 said:
I will! I most certainly will get yo that paper!
Curt

mango said:
Words mean nothing! I want proof!
You had 5 more days, and yet, you did nothing but these words.
Obviously you weren't trying hard enough.
With that paper, I could trace the parts' location if you sent it.
Are you afraid of me finding out that you didn't sent it?
Even if you had actually mailed me that paper, it would had gotten here already instead of a scan or a DC pic.
Is it really that hard just to sent me a scan or a DC pic of that paper?
Are you REALLY trying to solve this problem instead of just saying that you don't want it to be like this?
DO I WANT THIS? I AM the one who paid you money and not getting the parts!!
So.......I want that paper. Make it happen! and quick~
Date : 2008-08-07 04:43
Title : Re: Email
loser1682 said:
Whats your email address for the pic of the receipt. Thanks for you understanding, and I am sorry about all this snafu!

Sincerely,
Curt
OK~I just got off a phone call with a Fedex agent in Taiwan.
He told me that he couldn't find any record of my package except for a pair of struts I bought from another guy in this site. Using just my name is not able to find anything in his computer. He needs "airway bill number" and/or "Fedex account number".
If you did send me the kit with Fedex, then you should have those numbers in your receipt. Find them and let me know ASAP!!
He also mentioned that if a shipment takes longer than a month, there's definitely something wrong. Most likely you didn't send the package!!
So~ you know what to do. And do it NOW!!

Ming-Hua

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it so far. what do you think? Sue him? Bite him?
At this point I don't care about the kit anymore cause I'm really pissed!!
I just want to get even!! either he gave me all my money back soon or I sued him to get more money and maybe put him in jail?!

Ming-Hua

· Premium Member
98 swapped 2.5rs Rbp and CF
623 Posts
Wow this sucks. I would contact paypal and send them this. It is over 45 days since the transaction and I don't know what they will do for you but I would get ahold of them asap!!! Sorry to hear about the shitty sale.

· Registered
1999, 2.5RS, Blue
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow this sucks. I would contact paypal and send them this. It is over 45 days since the transaction and I don't know what they will do for you but I would get ahold of them asap!!! Sorry to hear about the shitty sale.
This purchase didn't go through Paypal, because of some reason I didn't use paypal. Instead, I wired him the money to his bank account directly.

· Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT Wagon
1,386 Posts
This purchase didn't go through Paypal, because of some reason I didn't use paypal. Instead, I wired him the money to his bank account directly.
oh boy, you might be SOL then. I wish you the best on getting your money back. But if you have his account number you can prally get some contact information off it at least. You may want to try and contact your bank to see if they can recall the transfer

· Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
12,252 Posts
I vote sue him!

You have all of his info including bank account number. He cant hide from that.

It will be worth it just to kick him in the balls via the court system.

I also suggest you stop posting news if you plan on sueing becuase it might hurt your case.

Chris

· 'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
6,619 Posts
Yep, i'm the one he sold it to on nasioc, but he actually shipped it to me, although only after over a month of waiting, combined with numerous phone calls and PM's, which were followed with excuses "i'm moving, i'll have it out tomorrow, etc." It was only after I filed a paypal complaint that he FINALLY called me back and shipped it out with a tracking number. When I talked to him on the phone he seemed nice enough, but this makes me think otherwise. I'm sorry it happened to you like this mango, and i'd be glad to help in any way I can.

And even after he shipped it to me in the most god-awful taped together box with all the parts banging around, it didn't have any of the electronics (fuel pump and ssvc), the intercooler had a hole in it, the wastegate was missing a seal ring, and the downpipe doesn't actually bolt up to the turbo (different rotation on the flange). I got one reply back about this stuff saying he has a couple of WRX intercoolers and will ship me another one, but that was all I got from him (never have gotten it two weeks later). So I think i'll re-open my paypal dispute.

So yeah, scam.

· Registered
2004 silver WRX
1,012 Posts
lol i thought someone would of said this but, with the username loser you got to be like hmmm will he send me the parts. Probably not it sounds like a made up username to me. just my 2 cents, but either way it does suck it seems to be happening alot lately.

· Registered
1999, 2.5RS, Blue
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you have any of his info? toocool it might help if you pmed mango that
I got too excited when I saw his post of the kit because he was selling exactly the parts I lack to make my RS a RS-T!
I admit I wasn't careful enough.....
And yes, I do have some of his info.....Name....2 of his bank account number...etc.

· Registered
1999, 2.5RS, Blue
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, guys~
I got a pm from him last week saying that he's going to sell his car to return me my money.
He is actually selling his car here! http://www.rs25.com/classifieds/show...?product=25982
But he only want to return me $750 because he insists that he sent me the kit.
The rest of the money ($447) is shipping cost!
But I still don't see any proof of him sending that kit...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.