Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1993 Nissan Skyline GTR32
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for sale is a very rare 22B / WRC front bumper for the GC8. I had it shipped from Japan brand new primed and never installed it! It comes with the fog light covers / caps that are removable. It will fit the years of 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, GC8, WRX, STi etc. I am asking $500 or best offer.

Email me at [email protected] as I don't check my PM's.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why is your photo shopped?

Original photo source:

Original FS thread that contains said original photo: GC8 RA competition spec'd bare shell - ScoobyNet
I have the EXACT same thing w/o the grille's being fiberglassed on. Whether I use that picture, or any other picture of Google, what difference does it make? If you want, I can open up the wrapper that it's wrapped in and show you the SAME thing you see there.. It's to give people an idea of what they're buying, and when I say EXACTLY like that, it is EXACTLY how they'll get it. Although I understand your concern, I hope I addressed it well enough to assure you I am not BSing me having it or something along those lines.. To make things "sweeter", in about a week, I'll open it up if no one buys it and post pics.

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Impreza GF4
235 Posts
You already have me who bought it and awaiting the shipping. If anything I'll open it up and post it up here

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Impreza GF4
235 Posts
I got the bumper and itwas in very poor conditions. He didn't even put it in a box when he shipped it. He wrapped it in one layer of styrafoam wrap and tape. I got the bumper with 3 cracks to the fiber glass and he was saying it was just the primer

Attachments

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
read post #31.....
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f175/3189270-post31.html

Subscribed to see what transpires here.
Post 31 still very clouded to me, not posting actual pictures, never mentioned cracks, assured buyer it's EXACTLY what it is if open original wrapper. Then on another post, he's interested buying a real 22B bumper because he knew this one is not in good condition and didn't disclose it.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Post 31 still very clouded to me, not posting actual pictures, never mentioned cracks, assured buyer it's EXACTLY what it is if open original wrapper. Then on another post, he's interested buying a real 22B bumper because he knew this one is not in good condition and didn't disclose it.
I think not. I sent him actual pictures via email, I simply didn't have those pics at the time when the thread was posted or else I would've posted it. Less assumptions, more facts. :barf:

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^first time I have heard of someone willing to pay good money that wants a defective bumper :)

Pretty sure that my last post was clear enough saying that it had no cracks or holes. But don't take my word for it. Pictures don't lie.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,082 Posts
What you had: Bumper with no cracks

What the buyer has: Bumper with cracks

Who could have broken it: You, buyer, shipping service.

Who said they haven't broken it: You, buyer.

SELLER needs to contact shipping services and get a refund and then provide BUYER with compensation that you guys work out. You advertised a good condition bumper, and regardless if you sent him one without cracks, he has one with cracks. If it was damaged in shipping, it the SELLER's responsibility to have insurance and file the claim. You don't seem interested in doing that, which is terrible on your behalf.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What you had: Bumper with no cracks

What the buyer has: Bumper with cracks

Who could have broken it: You, buyer, shipping service.

Who said they haven't broken it: You, buyer.

SELLER needs to contact shipping services and get a refund and then provide BUYER with compensation that you guys work out. You advertised a good condition bumper, and regardless if you sent him one without cracks, he has one with cracks. If it was damaged in shipping, it the SELLER's responsibility to have insurance and file the claim. You don't seem interested in doing that, which is terrible on your behalf.
I didn't know I could do that. This is the first I was aware of this. Had the buyer contacted USPS they would have told him that the seller has to. I will try that. But, I can't/don't understand why you guys think I sold him a bumper with cracks lol. I sent him pics of it before I sent it, and even posted that email. I have another one in my garage, also brand new w/o damage.. If he wants to pay for shipping, he can send me that one back and I'll send him another one.. Or, USPS can do something about it ..

Also, on a side note, where's this SHIPPER'S responsibility handbook that you're getting this rule out of? Just curious. I need to read this chapter. I was pretty helpful telling him to make a claim w/ USPS, but he went straight to PayPal and didn't tell me **** and started crying all over these forums. I have the emails to prove he did this as well, hardly tried to communicate. But, I don't care much to post it up, he knows this much as well.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,082 Posts
I didn't know I could do that. This is the first I was aware of this. Had the buyer contacted USPS they would have told him that the seller has to. I will try that. But, I can't/don't understand why you guys think I sold him a bumper with cracks lol. I sent him pics of it before I sent it, and even posted that email. I have another one in my garage, also brand new w/o damage.. If he wants to pay for shipping, he can send me that one back and I'll send him another one.. Or, USPS can do something about it ..
You shipped the package, of course you can do that. In fact you're the only one who SHOULD do that. It is YOUR responsibility to get things to a buyer safely. I don't care if you sent him a damaged bumper or not. The fact of the matter is that is IS damaged.

Did you buy shipping insurance?

If yes, you need to contact them. That is YOUR responsibility. Not the buyers.

If no, you're **** outta luck. Cut your losses, and work with the buyer to figure something out. Maybe you'll think about insuring a valuable and delicate package next time.

If you think that the buyer broke the item and is just trying to bone you out of some cash, that's up to you and him to work out. Just going to be a game of "no he said this" "but i said that!". From what I've seen from the buyer though, it seems like you have no idea how to properly wrap FIBERGLASS for shipping, but that's just my opinion.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,082 Posts
Also, on a side note, where's this SHIPPER'S responsibility handbook that you're getting this rule out of? Just curious. I need to read this chapter. I was pretty helpful telling him to make a claim w/ USPS, but he went straight to PayPal and didn't tell me **** and started crying all over these forums. I have the emails to prove he did this as well, hardly tried to communicate. But, I don't care much to post it up, he knows this much as well.
It's called selling things. You wouldn't buy something from a company, get it in the mail damaged and be like "oh man, I'd better get in contact with the company that shipped this!". Hell no, you go right to the company and say "look, this stuff is broken, what can we do".

Now, he opened a Paypal dispute which is the PROPER way of going about things. Paypal gives you a chance to work something out with the buyer, and if that doesn't seem to fit the expectations of either party you can choose to escalate the case where Paypal becomes the judge.

If you can't agree to any of those things when selling any item anywhere, you shouldn't sell things at all. It's irresponsible, immature, and shows you don't give a ****. Grow up and fix your problems instead of putting blame elsewhere.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You shipped the package, of course you can do that. In fact you're the only one who SHOULD do that. It is YOUR responsibility to get things to a buyer safely. I don't care if you sent him a damaged bumper or not. The fact of the matter is that is IS damaged.

Did you buy shipping insurance?

If yes, you need to contact them. That is YOUR responsibility. Not the buyers.

If no, you're **** outta luck. Cut your losses, and work with the buyer to figure something out. Maybe you'll think about insuring a valuable and delicate package next time.

If you think that the buyer broke the item and is just trying to bone you out of some cash, that's up to you and him to work out. Just going to be a game of "no he said this" "but i said that!". From what I've seen from the buyer though, it seems like you have no idea how to properly wrap FIBERGLASS for shipping, but that's just my opinion.
What have you seen from the buyer? Pictures of said damages goods? That automatically means I don't know how to wrap fiberglass (not sure why it's capitalized)? I'm pretty sure I shipped it in a box packaged in plastic, Styrofoam etc If it was removed from the box, that's something customs did and now I'll have to figure it out. You're assumptions don't qualify as facts.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's called selling things. You wouldn't buy something from a company, get it in the mail damaged and be like "oh man, I'd better get in contact with the company that shipped this!". Hell no, you go right to the company and say "look, this stuff is broken, what can we do".

Now, he opened a Paypal dispute which is the PROPER way of going about things. Paypal gives you a chance to work something out with the buyer, and if that doesn't seem to fit the expectations of either party you can choose to escalate the case where Paypal becomes the judge.

If you can't agree to any of those things when selling any item anywhere, you shouldn't sell things at all. It's irresponsible, immature, and shows you don't give a ****. Grow up and fix your problems instead of putting blame elsewhere.
1) I'm not a company
2) Told em' to contact USPS
3) You still haven't told me where the 'It's the SELLERS responsibility to contact the shipping company!" is- You're putting fourth circular arguments. It is however the ETHICAL thing to do, which I wanted to do, thus told him to contact USPS, however, the only thing you've managed to say of use is for me to contact CanadaPost, which I will indeed do. Thanks for that. As for the PayPal tutorial, yes, I know how that works, thanks!
4) As for putting blame elsewhere, that can be said for him too. I told him to contact USPS and get back w/ information, but no.. If you say it's my duty to figure it out, then refer back to #3

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,082 Posts
What have you seen from the buyer? Pictures of said damages goods? That automatically means I don't know how to wrap fiberglass (not sure why it's capitalized)? I'm pretty sure I shipped it in a box packaged in plastic, Styrofoam etc If it was removed from the box, that's something customs did and now I'll have to figure it out. You're assumptions don't qualify as facts.
I know they don't. Like I said, that was my opinion.

Contact the shipping service and see if they can do anything.

If you don't do that, I think that you shouldn't be allowed to sell anything else on this website.

The fact that you haven't already done this though pretty much shows you didn't get insurance on the package, so they probably will tell you they can't do anything.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know they don't. Like I said, that was my opinion.

Contact the shipping service and see if they can do anything.

If you don't do that, I think that you shouldn't be allowed to sell anything else on this website.

The fact that you haven't already done this though pretty much shows you didn't get insurance on the package, so they probably will tell you they can't do anything.
Wheww. 90% of your posts are "should" and assumptions. The other 10% is you acting like you're stating facts (SHIPPERS responsibility) when it's actually misconceptions of ethical issues of me "should" contact shipping, which I now said I would, which I only realized a little bit ago..

"That fact you haven't done..this shows you didn't get insurance" - No, the fact that I haven't contacted shipping yet is because I didn't think I had to, it's international shipping. If USPS damaged it on the other side of the border, that pretty much makes it outside of my territory, I'll have to contact them and see what's up though. I think the insurance bought on my side covers it all the way through. However, stating that "I haven't done X shows Y" is an, albeit incorrect, assumption that you continue to spew.. =\

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,850 Posts
FYI, as the seller, it is your responsibility to ensure the item gets to the buyer in the condition you claimed it was.

This will be enforced.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FYI, as the seller, it is your responsibility to ensure the item gets to the buyer in the condition you claimed it was.

This will be enforced.

Like I said above, show me this handbook of rules. This isn't eBay and I am not a company on this site. So please do tell me where these rules come from.

·
aka arangov3
Do noffin Foz
2,802 Posts
Keeping things big boy now

For the safety of our money can we have the perpetrators name or email to avoid sending money to said paypal account? Just in case he tries something again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts