Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a bunch of random questions I need answering.

1.) I have a P0420 with my HFC, a spacer won't fit because the O2 sensor is already hitting the body, so should I get an MIL eliminator and go catless or can I bend the O2 sensor to make it fit with a spacer?
2.) I'm getting one of my rear coilovers rebuilt shortly due to one of them being overloaded and blowing that way. Would it be advisable to get both redone or is just the one ok? (heard both arguemnets)
3.) Are 02-03 front CV axles the same between the RS and WRX? I need a new drivers side and don't feel like buying a new one, just one without a torn CV boot.

*WARNING: repeatedly asked question gone unresolved*

4.) Every time I use my windshield wipers above 35mph, the driver's side wiper will wipe too far and jump over the driver's side A-pillar. This leaves a mark on the paint that I haven't been able to get out, makes the MOST annoying sound in the world, and it also caused my wiper blade to fly off entirely on the highway last Saturday :)clap: was kinda funny). I've already unbolted the wiper, turned it a bit counterclockwise, and re-tightened it. This does nothing. I really need help on this one.

thanks

-Doug

· Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,762 Posts
1. You could go to an exhaust shop and have them put a new o2 bung in a different location so that you could use a spacer...
2. No clue!
3. I would think so, but don't quote me on that.
4. No clue! The only issue I have with mine is the bottom of the blade skipping across my windshield as it goes down.

Sorry for not being too much help.

· Banned
5,165 Posts
4) If it bothers you just removed your wiper assembly. Just make sure you clean your windshield and apply a lot of Rain-x. A local who has a S14 with S15 front end powered by RB25det did that and he has no problems in the rain. Just be sure to drive fast enough so that the water beads fly off.

· Registered
1999 2.5RS Silver
61 Posts
4) Had this same problem with my legacy. I found a thread somewhere that gave some instructions, but basically what happened to mine was the wiper actually moved it's starting position (when it's at rest) over the winter. Probably a result of some ice or something.

You just need to take off the wiper assembly (I had to pop my hood to do this) and you can actually rotate the wiper's starting position. It worked on mine, although I still have to adjust a little.

Lemme know if that helps, if not I'll try and dig up the original post that I found instructions from

· Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4) Had this same problem with my legacy. I found a thread somewhere that gave some instructions, but basically what happened to mine was the wiper actually moved it's starting position (when it's at rest) over the winter. Probably a result of some ice or something.

You just need to take off the wiper assembly (I had to pop my hood to do this) and you can actually rotate the wiper's starting position. It worked on mine, although I still have to adjust a little.

Lemme know if that helps, if not I'll try and dig up the original post that I found instructions from
you rock, trying this when I get home

· Registered
93 version6 1.8L turbo 08 WRX
3,144 Posts
i had the #4 problem. damn noise everytime i used them. thump,thump,thump,thump. drove me crazy. it didnt go away until i took off the arm(you know 1 bolt) and reposition them. i wasn't trying to solve the problem, i was just respraying my windshield wiper arms.

· Registered
2001 STM RS coupe
2,861 Posts
4) If it bothers you just removed your wiper assembly. Just make sure you clean your windshield and apply a lot of Rain-x. A local who has a S14 with S15 front end powered by RB25det did that and he has no problems in the rain. Just be sure to drive fast enough so that the water beads fly off.
That is the most impractical and badass solution to bad wipers I've ever heard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.