Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS, Blue Ridge
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seemed like time someone started a review thread for meat_wrx.

He sells stuff by builtnotboughtauto.com, as well as stuff specifically by Grimmspeed. He's also sold some personal items used. Here's my experience:

I bought a full exhaust system from him: header, two cat delete pipes, espelir double-resonated midpipe and muffler. All these items were bought used, and great pics were taken of everything. He packed everything up same day, and shipped it off the next. He also threw in a silencer he had on hand, just because he could. When I received the items, they were in such good condition that after a little cleaning with degreaser I showed my kids how the header could be used as a simulated brass instrument. Great buy!:D

The very same day I received the exhaust system, my car started having overheating problems that I attributed to the crappy autozone thermostat. I sent meat_wrx a PM telling him my situation, and asking how much it would cost to get a Grimmspeed t-stat (which fails in the open position- perfect for a car that'll be spending most of its life in Hawaii) shipped to me by the end of the week. He shipped it off the same day I sent him Paypal payment, quick enough to get to me by that Friday, and it cost less than I would have paid to buy it straight from Grimmspeed.:clap:

So, in summary: He ships stuff ASAP. He responded immediately to my urgent need. He charges as little as reasonably possible. He sells only high-quality products. What more can you ask from a vendor?

Please post up your experiences with this seller as well, and let's get this thread going!:banana:

·
Registered
99 Forester L
45 Posts
I bought my Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace from him on Ebay a few months back. He had THE best price and he shipped same day I sent payment. I'll be buying my phenolic spacers from him when the time comes!

Thumbs up for meat_wrx!

·
"meat", Premium Vendor
1993 Impreza L
1,087 Posts
thanks so much guys! I hate clogging up the vendor for sale thread with all the Threads I have.... but its the only way everyone know what I have to offer!

·
Registered
99 RS (WRX swap), 06 WRX wagon
324 Posts
I do believe I purchased a magnetic oil pan plug and oil filter, and everything went smoothly. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from him again, a real community member.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS <Red>
1,197 Posts
A great seller in my book. I got my item super fast and at the bottom dollar price.

If I need more grimmspeed items, I know whom to contact.

·
Super Lurker
00 RS Black 4dr /w broken bits
95 Posts
I have to +1 this as well, can't beat overnight shipping and a really good price on an Accessport.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5rs coupe
404 Posts
Bought a Greddy magnetic drain plug from Mr. Meat. Greddy quality was great as you would expect. The Meat man was nice, quick to respond to questions and quick to ship. All around he was a pretty cool meat head. I'd buy more stuff from him if I wasn't broke as *****.

·
Registered
fast wagon, toyota 4x4
1,206 Posts
i bought a grimmspeed thermostat from meat_wrx and i still dont know how he shipped it so fast. i mean the thing was on the doorstep 2 days later, not bad for cross country

would buy again

·
Registered
2001 2.5 rs black
151 Posts
Great seller fast response great info. Many good things to say so little time to type but im sure i will be buying more stuff from him in the future great seller. +1

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
18 Posts
Bought a set of ISC N1 coilover from him. Great guy. He gave me the best deal possible. Ran into some trouble with the shipping company however. It worked out though. Those who are reading this and have never dealt with meat_wrx before, I wouldn't hesitate to contact this guy at all. A great pleasure to work with. I will be purchasing more products from him in the future!

·
Registered
2007 WRX Wagon UGM
2,391 Posts
Bought a Grimmspeed 3port ebcs and have a Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump in the mail!

He ships as soon as possible and is really easy to talk to! Will buy from many times in the future!

·
Registered
2004 Silver Subaru Impreza RS
231 Posts
Justin's a great vendor! Really goes to bat for the customer. He has given genuine advice with selection of parts, he make's sure that your vehicle has quality parts even if that means not making a sale. BuiltNotBoughtAuto has earned my trust and my repeat business!

·
Registered
98 Subaru Impreza RS coupe RBP
325 Posts
I was looking for coils and he had the best prices on these so I took a look. He had a special going on with a purchase of BC coils you get a grimmspeed master cylinder brace for free. I messaged him about the possibility of doing the same deal but with the ISC N1 coils and he kindly got back to me quickly and was fine with it. Very good guy to work with I cant wait to get these on my car!

·
Baby&#10084;Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
well, i for one, don't like him. he has all this cool shit that i can't afford...and don't have a car to put on. :(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts