Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Impreza 3.4L Turbo
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the heads off my Impreza engine that I had a rod fail. There is no indication that any damage was done to the heads. There is no scoring on the cam journals or cam shaft. The piston didn't make contact (stopped at the bottom of the bore) and there was no oil contamination. All the rod and main bearings in the engine were cherry save for the one on the road that let go. The engine never lost oil pressure. However being as this is out of a blown engine, I advise any buyer to take it to a machine shop for proper cleaning.

So, the specs.

The oil and coolant bosses on the heads have been properly drilled and reamed for the OEM turbo fittings, any EJ factory turbo will bolt up.
There is a massive amount of port work done.
Valves are all +1mm oversize stainless steel
Cams are reground and spray welded for a high boost high power turbo application (unfortunately I don't have the exact timing specs)

All work was done by Delta Cams in Seattle. They have less than 10,000km on them.

I'm asking half what I paid for them, $1200

Also available is my polished intake manifold, only suitable for a standalone system with COP because all other bosses and ports have been shaved. $500 includes the fuel rails but not the injectors.

·
Registered
98 Impreza 3.4L Turbo
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics:

No damage present, just need a cleaning.

·
Registered
98 Impreza 3.4L Turbo
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump

1 - 3 of 3 Posts