Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS, Bl
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a 03 rs and I want more headlight output. I drive a lot of twisty unlit back roads. I've already upgraded the bulbs ,osram silverstars and is not enough, and i was using Hella 500 driving beam lamps (until someone smashed them). I was thinking about upgrading the headlights to a projector and hid kit and a pair of yellow fogs for bad weather. I'm looking at this set up for the head lights...

http://www.amazon.com/02-03-SUBARU-IMPREZA-PROJECTOR-LIGHTS/dp/B005V9OESY

and...

HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

with a new set of hella 500 fogs with the yellow tint. What do you guys think? any and all responses are welcome, even if you think my idea is dumb...

·
Registered
'98 L Coupe
116 Posts
if youre thinking about using those projectors for your main lighting, youre going to be disappointed. Ive used those before on my GD with the DDM lights and the output was pathetic. i swapped the projectors out for a set from a FX35. The output was 10x better. What id do is buy the housing, and get a retrofit kit from Retrofit Source and do what i did. Or just keep your existing headlights, and retrofit it with a set of Morimoto Minis. Theyre more or less bolt in so you dont have to do much work besides taking the lens off.

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
I second using the RetrofitSource. They have projectors galore, warranties, and retrofit kits that have everything from bulbs to ballasts (includes projectors and housing).

I recommend getting 2 head light housings from the junk yard to do this work on in case you mess them up you're out about 100$ and are still able to drive around ;).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.